Grabovski's Attitude

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I can't believe some people are focusing on the man smiling rather than his intentions for smiling and what he actually says.

mon59.gif

Seriously, do you think our players should be happy and smiling after losing a hard fought game?

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Do you think all our players should be smiling after losing a game right in the middle of a playoff run?

No, I believe they should sulk, cry, and throw hissy fits regardless of the circumstances or their reasons for smiling. :shakehead

SnazzyNazzy

Oct 20, 2012
Waterloo
Just saw a post game interview with Grabo on TSN, the guy was smiling in a lost. Trade him.

Seriously after a frustrating lost, the guy is all smiles, I can't make this stuff up.

This was a frustrating loss? :laugh: Bozak said he was pleased, and the team is pleased, with 3 of 4 pts here.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Do you think all our players should be smiling after losing a game right in the middle of a playoff run?

To be honest, I don't see a problem with it. They should put losses behind them and move on. If they let losses get them to them too much, they'll be sure to lose even more. In my opinion, anyway.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
No, I believe they should sulk, cry, and throw hissy fits regardless of the circumstances or their reasons for smiling. :shakehead

You know that sign in the Habs dressing room? "To you from failing hands we throw the torch. Be yours to hold it high." I am sure it does not mean take losing with a smile.

mikeo1

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver
You know that sign in the Habs dressing room? "To you from failing hands we throw the torch. Be yours to hold it high." I am sure it does not mean take losing with a smile.

I dont think the person who originally said that really gave a ****.

SnazzyNazzy

Oct 20, 2012
Waterloo

Let's review the facts

1) Grabo said all the right things to reporters hell-bent on starting a controversial story where there is none.
2) Team is satisfied with 3/4 pts vs NYR.
3) You're over-reacting to Grabo's facial expressions.
4) No one here cares whats written on the habs locker room wall.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
It really pisses me off seeing Grabbo being used in a 3rd or 4th line checker/shutdown role. He is a scoring center, and should be used as one. I know there is a logjam on the top 2 lines, but something needs to be done, as he is being wasted in his current role.

This is all on Carlyle. He did the same thing with Lupul in Anaheim. He is a very poor judge of talent and needs to get his head out of his ass. Actually, what needs to be done is have a 3rd scoring line put together. Maybe its time to try Frattin and MacArthur on his wings and send Hamilton back down to the Marlies (once Lupul is back).
How can you not see the value in having a checking line after the success we've had this year with it?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
To be honest, I don't see a problem with it. They should put losses behind them and move on. If they let losses get them to them too much, they'll be sure to lose even more. In my opinion, anyway.

It depends, it was a bit laissez faire for me, we are fighting to get into the playoffs, you want to see more than an apathetic look on his face. That's what I saw, some may differ, it's a small thing, or it may be nothing. You wouldn't see Gilmour, Sundin, Tucker, Roberts, Clark smile after a lost, and this could be part of the reason why we haven't made the playoffs in almost a decade. Too many that take losses lightly in a Leafs uniform lately.

Mindrust

Feb 28, 2013
I would like to hear more fire from his responses, almost sounds like he is happy collecting a big fat paycheque and who cares if I am on the 4th line laissez faire attitude.

Got my payday and I am still laughing to the bank.

My thoughts exactly. I've felt that all year. He doesn't care if he's producing. Doesn't care if he's demoted. As long as he's on the ice collecting a paycheck, it's all good. See that smile on his face?

But tonight I felt like he make some great plays. He used to be my favourite Leaf the past 2 years.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007

You seem to correlate that him smiling has something to do with the game, when instead it was a response to a negatively framed questions...but you know what Grabo does, he doesn't give in to it but deflects it and puts his team mates above his own frustrations... but somehow, that intention means nothing to you, and instead you scream "Hey, he smiled! He's a bad team mate!"

thunderhawk905*

I can sympathize with Grabo not being paired up with certain Leafs who might play better with him, but Carlyle paired him with Orr/McClaren for a reason. When a player of his skill level is not contributing many points or making a noticeable difference in games for an extended time frame, you really have no choice but to throw him into a situation he might not like. It's an incentive to work harder and find a way...

Personally, I wouldn't be as forgiving towards Grabo this year if the team was sitting out of a playoff spot. He might continue to play the same way in these last 8 games but we need him firing on all cylinders for the playoffs.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
My thoughts exactly. I've felt that all year. He doesn't care if he's producing. Doesn't care if he's demoted. As long as he's on the ice collecting a paycheck, it's all good. See that smile on his face?

But tonight I felt like he make some great plays. He used to be my favourite Leaf the past 2 years.

Great, one poster that sees my point, no stanley cup winning team had players interviewed after losing a game and had players that smiled. It leads to a losing culture being satisfied with losing.

In fairness Grabo made some nice plays, he pushed back a little when he was demoted, that's what you want to see. He also made some giveaways, he's good and bad, but we need more good/bad = production, rather than good/medicore = no production, the latter has been the norm this year.

SnazzyNazzy

Oct 20, 2012
Waterloo
It could be nothing, or it could be the reason the leafs have missed the playoffs for almost a decade? Ladies and gentlemen, logic has left the building. He wasn't even smiling about the result of the game, he was playing off the reporters dumb questions.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
It could be nothing, or it could be the reason the leafs have missed the playoffs for almost a decade? Ladies and gentlemen, logic has left the building. He wasn't even smiling about the result of the game, he was playing off the reporters dumb questions.

Apparently he smiled upon hearing the fate of the Titanic, and caused the economy to crash.

The guy played the media perfectly. Good on him.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Interactif dude, usually I don't mind your arguments and respect your points but you're reaaallly reaching here. :laugh:

Take the smiling out of it, did his responses sounded like he cared? To me he's got his 5.5 x 5 years and he is smiling to the bank. It happens to players, when they get their big payday, they lose hunger. how else do you explain his year? I know he misses Ron Wilson, but this is beyond that now.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Take the smiling out of it, did his responses sounded like he cared? To me he's got his 5.5 x 5 years and he is smiling to the bank. It happens to players, when they get their big payday, they lose hunger. how else do you explain his year? I know he misses Ron Wilson, but this is beyond that now.

Eakins never smiles..he's a horrible coach. :sarcasm:

Going over the top buddy, keep it to the point and we'll make sure we can continue this thread. As the way it's going on....likely tempted to close this out.

PhiladelphiaKessel

DontCrossthe****Line
Aug 9, 2010
Put him in an offensive role and he will succeed. Not sure why Carlyle had him playing as a shutdown center when we have McClement for that. It's tough to find him top 6 minutes with the emergence of kadri, so sadly he will probably be traded away this summer

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
Eakins never smiles..he's a horrible coach. :sarcasm:

Going over the top buddy, keep it to the point and we'll make sure we can continue this thread. As the way it's going on....likely tempted to close this out.

No, but seriously tell me:

Do you think all our players should be smiling after losing a hard fought game right in the middle of a playoff run?

Do you think all our players should be smiling after losing a hard fought game right in the middle of a playoff run?

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
No, but seriously tell me:

Meow!

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad