Grabovski, Suglobov, or Kaigorodov?

Geese_Howard*

I wont make my choice until regular season starts, I also suggest you post this in the prospects board, cause they are all prospects still, right?

leafaholix*

yes, but they're all up expected to be in the NHL.

pretty much locks to be NHL players this season.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
When the fact that Suglobov is certifiably the best hockey player ever is taken into account, this thread seems awful dumb...

Geese_Howard*

When the fact that Suglobov is certifiably the best hockey player ever is taken into account, this thread seems awful dumb...

best player in the universe, you heard it hear first!

Rand

Oct 17, 2002
AskMe
Kaigorodov
Suglobov

Haven't seen enough of Gabovski to comment.

For this season alone I'd lean towards Suglobov however, Kaigordov hasn't much impressed me as yet but for the most part I put that down to merely a simple adjustment period. Suglobov is tearing it apart so is probably a safer choice in the immediate future.
Long term I definitely take Kaigorodov though.

SchwenningerWildWing

Aug 23, 2006
Germany
I would take Kaigorodov out of these 3 easily IF he can overcome his adjustment problems to the NA style. He has shown in the RSL what he is capable of with skilled linemates.

Grabovsky
Suglobov

Slew Foots

Everything is OK
Sep 6, 2006
Grabovski is injured...in any case, he's most probably going to spend most of the season in the AHL.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I think most people would take Kaigorodov? :dunno: He may take a little while to adapt, but I would have thought he has the highest consensus upside of the bunch. At least, heading into this season. Things may be changing now that we get to see all these guys, of course. I haven't seen him enough to have an opinion aside from the hearsay.

The other two, well, tossup for now AFAIC. Yes, I've watched all the Leafs pre-season games and I'm very aware of what Suglobov (aka Suglo-God) has managed. However, I watched him in recent years in the AHL, and I'm very aware of what he's capable of not doing too. Hopefully he'll keep the momentum going, and if he can land a job on a scoring line, he might just get his career going, finally.

Grabovski was the darling of Habs fans at the rookie tourney. He has a bit of polishing and learning to do, but certainly he has the talent and speed to rank nicely in this group of 3. Unfortunately, he has been injured in camp and we haven't had a chance yet to see him against NHL players. My guess is that he'll need a season in the AHL to adapt. But then, he's the youngest of the 3 also, so this time next year, I could see him being the best of the group. Or not. It's a pretty fair tossup, better bait for the Homers than donuts and beer.

Bryzga lol*

haven't seen Kaigorodov and Suglobov enough to comment...so I'll leave it at that.

But I love what I've seen from Grabovski. He's going to be a great player after a season or 2 in the AHL. I can't wait to see him center an all-Belorussian line in 5 or 6 years.

Habs4ever

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal, (Quebec)
Visit site
leafs have

very poor depth at forward position and they're talent is way too thin and unproven upfront so look for suglobov to stick with NHL club all season long, Suglobov might also be exposed on waiver wire incase he's sent back to AHL so Leafs have very good incentive to give him very good shot at NHL..

On the other hand Montreal just has way too much depth at forward position, They are having hard time giving spot to perezhogin who has way higher upside then suglobov, so Grebowski is gone be buried down on the depth chart, and probably play down in AHL for atleast two more season before getting real shot at making NHL roster...

leafaholix*

very poor depth at forward position and they're talent is way too thin and unproven upfront so look for suglobov to stick with NHL club all season long, Suglobov might also be exposed on waiver wire incase he's sent back to AHL so Leafs have very good incentive to give him very good shot at NHL..

On the other hand Montreal just has way too much depth at forward position, They are having hard time giving spot to perezhogin who has way higher upside then suglobov, so Grebowski is gone be buried down on the depth chart, and probably play down in AHL for atleast two more season before getting real shot at making NHL roster...

Suglobov has been the best player in camp so far. I don't see why you'd think he's being given the benefit of the doubt.

Ask Sens fans how he's played.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Looks like most poster have agreed the order is and i agree

Suglobov
Kaigorodov
what ever the other guys name is... i dont him so i wont comment

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->