Grabner to Face Hearing with DOPS (SUSPENDED 2 Games)

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
I was watching the Canes feed and they showed a few replays on it. He definitely elbowed him in the head, but it seemed accidental.

BigWorm

Mar 10, 2013
Canes announcers kept showing it and commenting that it should go up to the league for review.

My guess: Where the hell else is he supposed to check a player that is 5'5". Do they want him too dive at the knees?

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I am going to go counter to the vibe here and state for the record that his height is not his personal problem in this. Your head is your head, and no one has the right to ring your bell just because you are smaller than them.

I don't see Grabs trying to target his head though - more of a check that went awry. So of course the Islander will get a 2 game suspension.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
wouldn't be surprised if he got suspended based on the hit. But Grabner being suspended for a hit is almost laughable.

Words Of Wisdom

Truth Speaker
Oct 20, 2011
Long Island.
It would really REALLY suck to lose Grabner for a game. Even though it's just a game, he brings a lot to the team. And, he clearly didn't try to aim for the head, it was accidental.

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
I took a clip of it for you guys:

View My Video

Its hard to see it from this clip.
It does look a bit high. Based on grabs history of nothing he might just get a slap on the wrist.
but one game could come down. I would be shocked if he gets more than that. unless someone has a better view.

Intangiblezz

Oct 21, 2012
If Grabner is suspended would the lines look good?

Josh Bailey - John Tavares - Ryan Strome
Brock Nelson - Frans Nielsen - Kyle Okposo
Matt Moulson - PM Bouchard - Cal Clutterbuck
Matt Martin - Casey Cizikas - Colin McDonald

Maybe Regin instead of Bouchard? It will give a game to try new combos and give Strome and Nelson a fair chance.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
If Grabner is suspended would the lines look good?

Josh Bailey - John Tavares - Ryan Strome
Brock Nelson - Frans Nielsen - Kyle Okposo
Matt Moulson - PM Bouchard - Cal Clutterbuck
Matt Martin - Casey Cizikas - Colin McDonald

Maybe Regin instead of Bouchard? It will give a game to try new combos and give Strome and Nelson a fair chance.

Wishful thinking but we all know that campy would slide PUB up to that 1st line and then Nelson would play 3rd line winger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad