Confirmed with Link: Grabner to Devils for 2nd rounder and Rykov

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
He has been getting short term deals for a while. I would argue he is in a spot to get more stability with a pay day to go with it.
Maybe, but anyone that goes longer then 3 years is asking for trouble. Shero has said numerous times that he won't go long term with guys on the wrong side of 30.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Again what’s the biggest payday Grabner can get, 3-12? At most maybe 4-18 if someone overpays. He’s a limited player who scores goals but doesn’t have assists, play the PP or bring intangibles defensively apart from speed. The Devils can afford a 3-12, a 5-25 type would be insanity but I get the feeling people are somehow expecting that.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Again what’s the biggest payday Grabner can get, 3-12? At most maybe 4-18 if someone overpays. He’s a limited player who scores goals but doesn’t have assists, play the PP or bring intangibles defensively apart from speed. The Devils can afford a 3-12, a 5-25 type would be insanity but I get the feeling people are somehow expecting that.
It seems that guys who are underpaid throughout their prime years continue to get underpaid in their 30's.

How bout Stempniak as a comparable? Made 850k with us, which was a steal, then signed with Carolina for $2.5 mil.

Though potential caution marker there as Stemp has not had a good season, marred by injury I assume.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
When Henrique floated and went 8 games with no points there was silence. Grabner floats and goes 8 games without points and everyone loses their minds! :naughty:

giphy.gif

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
If he's really as streaky as people say, let's hope last night is the beginning of Grabner's California barn scoring tour.
He can easily have 5 goals in his next 5 games. He’s a weird, frustrating player. If he’s gonna play like he did for the Rags, I want him back.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Popped by to see how Grabner was doing, apparently he's in a cold funk. He's definitely as streaky as advertised and I think he benefited from having AV as a coach. Hopefully he'll heat up for you guys soon.

MrRuin

Sponsor
Apr 7, 2004
Somewhere in time
Grabner went on a ~20 game cold streak for the rangers last spring as well...it is what he is and a trade usually doesn't help streaky players. He is a guy that needs to build confidence in his game, always has been this way. Let's see where this goes from here, I would not give up on him just yet.

Reactions: slovakia18

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
He's been much better the last few games. I hope that continues.
Frankly, I thought he was pretty good first couple games with us. He just didn't pot anything. Then I think it started to get to him and he was trying to force things, which led to some pretty horrible games.

I think he's finally got a little swagger back, and hopefully he can go on one of his infamous point streaks.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Also, the reason I came into this thread was to say that after the Kings game, I think I've figured this trade out...

Shero and Hynes have been watching the same officiating we have, and they realized that what this team needs more than anything is guys that can kill penalties and score shorthanded goals. Because the refs sure as shit aren't going to pull their heads out of their asses anytime soon.

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
2017-18New Jersey DevilsNHL2123540
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

The worst trade by Shero as NJD GM?

My personal ranking:
L - logic - how much the trade made sense at the time it was made
H - hindsight - how it turned out
T - total

1) Hall trade (L10/H10/T20)
2) Palmieri trade (L8/H10/T18)
3) Vatanen trade (L8/H9/T18)
4) Johansson trade (L8/H4/T12)
5) Mueller trade (L3/H7/T10)
6) Grabner trade (L1/H2/T3)

Wedgewood and Quincey deals weren't significant enough, pick swap with Ottawa can't be judged using "hindsight" ranking so there's that.

Reactions: Devils Dominion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->