Confirmed with Link: Grabner to Devils for 2nd rounder and Rykov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
maybe guys like Walsh, Chainey, Hellickson, etc playing well allowed them to move Rykov. Kinda surprised by it but not going the sky is falling route.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Wow. I really dislike this.

I mean, Grabner is a good fit for us. Speed and all. But Rykov and a 2nd is pretty rich. I wonder if Shero thinks less of Rykov than we do.

It's not so much he thinks less of him as he thinks less of his chances of coming over here anytime soon.

Reactions: glenwo2

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Considering the market, we just landed a 30 goal scorer and PK threat for a song. Shero did well here, especially if he has a verbal agreement in place for an extension with Grabner.
Scores 30 goals once in 2010 and he's a "30 goal scorer."

Never change HF. Career average is 24 goals per 82. Has only scored over 20 goals twice in the past 6 years.

But sure, let's label him a 30 goal scorer.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
We've had a lot of strong showings from our defensemen prospects this season. Walsh, Sissons, Chainey, Davies, etc. They've had good seasons, maybe they've bumped themselves up in the depth chart in Shero and co's eyes - considering Rykov is still signed in the KHL for a few seasons.

I'm just disappointed because if he does come over he would be a massive help, fits the system well and is fills a dire organizational need - LHD, and the Rangers got him. I don't know... On the other side, Grabner fits our team insanely well and gives us a goal scorer in a time we could really use one. Thing is we probably won't do much this off-season. So Shero would have to re-sign him, and I am confident he will, and he'd have to do pretty well in the coming seasons.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
I think Grabner is the perfect fit for this team. Encapsulates the whole identity. At 30, signing him to a 3 year deal would be fine with me. I mean he has 50+ goals over the last two seasons? We needed more RW depth and goal scoring?

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
It’s interesting that this board(and myself) think we gave up a bunch but the national media on my Twitter seems to think this was a pretty neutral or light haul for the Rangers.

Grabner is 21st in goals scored since last season, I saw in Cordell’s article. You would think that would get you a lot and I’m not sure this isn’t 2 decent pieces with nothing really significant.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
FWIW Devils haven't confirmed the trade YET...but it'd be a pretty big ****up for all the big national guys to get this wrong.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
I’m all in on Reilly Walsh.

I trust Ray and Castron to address the defense in this upcoming draft. The drafting has already been miles better than with Conte. Still have a lot of great prospects including Walsh.

After the shock of the unfathomable wears off of a trade between two teams, i thibk we all will see that Grabner fits this club perfectly.

For those who listened to the podcast today between Ray and Amanda stein, this really isn’t a shock to me. Ray does what is best for the Devils and him saying he wasn’t giving up pieces for a rental leads me to believe we will resign him next year.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh

Never change HF. Career average is 24 goals per 82. Has only scored over 20 goals twice in the past 6 years.

He’s going to hit 30 unless he goes really cold this year. And he had 27 last year. It’s not a huge stretch?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
For those who listened to the podcast today between Ray and Amanda stein, this really isn’t a shock to me. Ray does what is best for the Devils and him saying he wasn’t giving up pieces for a rental leads me to believe we will resign him next year.

But like I said before Ray doesn't entirely control the rental part. We can hope this isn't a rental but we likely won't know until July.

Yes they would? The second is still a good piece for him.

A second and a lottery ticket. And they might think they have a better chance of convincing him to come over because of Buchnevich.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
We needed RW help. it was either give up a 2nd for Grabner or Vanek... give me Grabner every day of the week. Or a 1st for Evander Kane ( No thanks )

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
People have been crapping on me about Shero keeping his end of the deal he made with Hall about making the playoffs and him becoming a leader - everyone assumed he will stay cause of his interviews yet this move is for a 30-year old UFA for futures - which is what Shero said he WOULDNT DO.

This is to get Hall and the team into the playoffs to keep him happy. Ill accept all apologies for shitting on me for saying this for some time now.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey

i mean he has 25 goals this season and has 21 games to get 5 more. Also has 52 goals in his last 135 games which is 31 over a full season. Seems like you're being pedantic

Reactions: Owenay and nugg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->