Confirmed with Link: Grabner to Devils for 2nd rounder and Rykov

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Just spitballing, is there ANY chance Shero sees Grabner as a guy he wants to sign beyond this year?

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Really surprised we went after a rental. I guess we're resigning him? He definitely has tons of speed.

I liked Rykov a lot though, hope this doesn't burn us down the road.

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
I'm a bigger fan of obtaining forwards than Dmen, at the trade deadline. It's easier for them to fit. Grabner has speed, which goes along with what we do. He does score. obviously has figure it out.

Just not sure I get it. What's the point... sorta.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Mad about it being Rykov as I thought he was our best D prospect.

No guarantee he ever comes over from the KHL. I know they’d reached out to his agent previously to gauge his interest in coming over, I’m guessing he was unwilling to do so anytime soon.

There’s a reason he slipped to the fifth round, this deal reminds me of Tampa practically giving away their rights to Gusev in the expansion draft, phenomenally talented player but ultimately meaningless if they have no intention of eventually joining your team.

Reactions: mtnet

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Rangers fan coming in peace. You guys will love Grabs, he was a great Ranger his short time here
Whats your guys thoughts on Rykov, I've heard the name before in the World Juniors but that's about it

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Rangers fan coming in peace. You guys will love Grabs, he was a great Ranger his short time here
Whats your guys thoughts on Rykov, I've heard the name before in the World Juniors but that's about it

I really liked Rykov. I've only ever seen him once, at the WJC, but he was so calm in his own zone. Reminded me of Larsson, ice in his veins.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Grabner needs to be resigned. Rykov is too good of a prospect to give up for a rental. f*** man, really not happy with this. And honestly I think Grabner fits our team too an absolute T, I just love Rykov's potential.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Sounds like it. I doubt he trades a 2nd and Rykov for a rental.

Well he doesn't entirely control the situation but I'll say this, the trade would be a lot more palatable with Grabner on a three-four year deal. I don't know who would bump to the third line next year - would Bratt or MarJo be bumped down if we resigned Grabner?

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
He’s absolutely going to resign him. Shero isn’t going to send a second for a rental on a fringe playoff run. If he resigns then the team is that much better for next year. Solid move if he resigns if not and we don’t even get in? Yikes

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Don't really like giving up a 2nd and Rykov for what is likely a rental. Then again, to get players you want, you have to give up players you don't want to.

This Devils team deserved a deal like this though.

Reactions: Darkauron

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I'm fine with it. He only has 1 less goal than Hall without PP time. It's also nice to have a threat for empty net situations. The fourth line has been horrible for ages now and now Grabner will push someone decent down there.

Liked Rykov but I'm sure they can find some defenseman in the next coming drafts as well. Davies looks good too as a LD prospect

Section311

Sponsor
Dec 21, 2008
long Island, NY
No guarantee he ever comes over from the KHL. I know they’d reached out to his agent previously to gauge his interest in coming over, I’m guessing he was unwilling to do so anytime soon.

There’s a reason he slipped to the fifth round, this deal reminds me of Tampa practically giving away their rights to Gusev in the expansion draft, phenomenally talented player but ultimately meaningless if they have no intention of eventually joining your team.

Rangers probably think he’ll come over he played with Pavel Buchnevich and is playing with rangers top goalie prospect now Igor

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I like the speed he will bring on a wing, imagine him and Wood on the same line!

I was high on Rykov as well but hopefully this value means we’re re-signing him.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008

I wonder if by not soon the Devils were concerned he was going to sign another KHL contract after his current one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad