Injury Report: Grabner Taken to the Hospital After a High Stick (UPD: Returns 3/7 or 3/9)

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
The fact that he was taken to hospital almost immediately after it happened isn't great news. If it were a cut to the cheekbone or eyebrow, they more than likely would have stitched him up in the locker room, so we're probably looking at an actual injury to the eyeball itself.

Total speculation of course, I hope I'm wrong.

jmichael7753

Sep 29, 2017
Does anyone have a link where it was mentioned Grabner was taken to the hospital? Cant find anything about it on twitter.

Reactions: slovakia18

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Hope he gets well soon.
And also that his injury has no long lasting effects on his health.

on another note, thats why i would always wear a helmet with visor and cage, even though some might say it's not manly, simply because of protection and my braces where expensive and i don't want new ones or new teeth.
i cannot understand why so few players in the NHL and other leagues wear those.

Reactions: Name Nameless

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Hope he gets well soon.
And also that his injury has no long lasting effects on his health.

on another note, thats why i would always wear a helmet with visor and cage, even though some might say it's not manly, simply because of protection and my braces where expensive and i don't want new ones or new teeth.
i cannot understand why so few players in the NHL and other leagues wear those.

Visor with cage is extremely annoying to play with. Think all kids can't wait to get rid of it. But a visor is definitely a must and would have deflected this swipe.

It really does look as if Grabner's eye took a hit. Wishing all the best for Grabner.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Visor with cage is extremely annoying to play with. Think all kids can't wait to get rid of it. But a visor is definitely a must and would have deflected this swipe.

It really does look as if Grabner's eye took a hit. Wishing all the best for Grabner.

He was wearing a visor.

grabner12118.jpg

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Before Mconnell and Nash changed over to the post game they did say good news was that Grabner was going to be ok. So hopefully that is the case.

Reactions: RABBIT

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Before Mconnell and Nash changed over to the post game they did say good news was that Grabner was going to be ok. So hopefully that is the case.

Reporters are not the most accurate type of source IMHO.

I don't like that this hasn't been reinforced by someone from the team by now.

To me, no news is bad news.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Reporters are not the most accurate type of source IMHO.

I don't like that this hasn't been reinforced by someone from the team by now.

To me, no news is bad news.

Take it for what its worth. I believe em. I would imagine they got that from the horses mouth, since, I would assume the whole Coyotes guard were probably all waiting on an update.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Trip to the hospital was more than likely a precautionary move, in case there was orbital bone or retinal damage (remember Joe Vitale).

Looked to me like toe of the stick went right under the visor and into the eye. It was a freak accident for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad