Grabner disappoints, Bowman impresses

cc

Feb 28, 2002
It was a post about a game featuring players who stood out, and ones who didn't. It wasn't a thread about who's going to make the NHL. Why would i bash Grabner, i don't care one way or the other about him. I just made some comments on how he played, he was a guy we were excited to see. He played poorly, so live with it. I'll post my observations on players here if I want to, if you don't like it, you certainly don't have to read them or comment on them......For the record, Simek was just as bad as Grabner that night.....doesn't mean he's a bust though....

it's a free board, you can say whatever you want. At the same time, I feel like I'm free to comment on a thread. When you title it the way you did, of course I'm going to look at it. It wasn't as if you titled it "team vs team" or "comments on the game I saw live" or even "impression of grabner on tonight's game" It's the title that puts the thread in the proper context. If you didn't make it seem like you were targeting said player, make your thread reflect that. Again, it's a free board, do whatever you want but be prepared for some flack.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I find it odd that you describe him as soft and tentative because if anything, he showed in the preseason here he was absolutely willing to go to the net and pay the price. He also loves to mix it up and one of the Spokane fans on this board said he often tries to go for the big hit.

Maybe he had an off night, he's really struggled with injuries this year so that could be part of his reluctance to get physical right now.

I was the Spokane fan who suggested that Grabner will go for the big hits. Just ask anyone who was at the Dec. 2nd game in Tri-Cities, Michaels' 1st game back from his thigh injury. He hit Procyshen so hard he re-injured himself, left for a bit only to come back and pick up an assist.

It's unfair to classify a player on only one game, but what everyone needs to realize is that sbtatter was simply saying what he observed in 1 game. That doesn't mean we have to take offense to it, by listening to the game on the radio, it sounded to me like Grabby was a little frustrated throughout the game, and maybe he could've played a little better. Point streaks are generally known to flare out in this way, with the player being invisible in the game that breaks them.

On the Bowman matter, I think it's fair to compare him as a sniper prospect. He could stand to use his size a little more, as he seems to just bounce off of players on many occasions. His shot is maybe one of the best in the league though, if he could only find a way to use it regularly and accurately, he could possibly shoot himself into the first round of the draft much the same way Grabner did last season. He should be doing what he does best, which is score goals, it seems to me that Drayson sometimes tries to do too much on the ice and it hampers him.

Rutherford at this point is looking like the trade of the century; a 5th round pick to the Giants for a guy who has 23 goals at this point in the season? The guy works his butt off to the point where he's earned the nickname "Rudy"

topched88

Jan 21, 2007
where the hell did this come from?

The only real substancial injury that Grabby has had since he joined the Chiefs is the problem he had earlier this year. Besides that he has been pretty much injury free, except for the flu bug that hit him for one game this year.

Furthermore, in the middle of last season he was asked and practied on being more of a physical player. Realize its not much, but he has definately improved on that part of the game. If you watched him as much as you ran your mouth about him you would see that he will not shy away from hits and the physical play.

If anyone watched him in the preseason did you not see him matched up against Chris Pronger, one of the best defenceman in the league?

It definately isn't the strongest part of his game, but to say he is scared to get dirty and is very injury prone is a pretty lopsided and wrong statement.

Well actually he does have somewhat of a point, although his injurys havent big that big of a deal yet, in his first three seasons hes played in less than 80% of his games, and at a young age that seems to be a little bit injury prone, but might not be too much to worry about.

RayLeeCharles

Aug 31, 2005
WaSt
Well actually he does have somewhat of a point, although his injurys havent big that big of a deal yet, in his first three seasons hes played in less than 80% of his games, and at a young age that seems to be a little bit injury prone, but might not be too much to worry about.
Hes had one nagging injury this year thats made him miss games, and thats been really the only problem with injuries hes had in 3 years. That does not make him injury prone. He missed 14 games in his rookie season mainly due to a combo of playing for Austria and being healthy scratched a few times. Last year I believe the 5 games he missed was due to being healthy scratched.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Hes had one nagging injury this year thats made him miss games, and thats been really the only problem with injuries hes had in 3 years. That does not make him injury prone. He missed 14 games in his rookie season mainly due to a combo of playing for Austria and being healthy scratched a few times. Last year I believe the 5 games he missed was due to being healthy scratched.

The games he missed last season I believe were due to a shoulder injury.

Though I'm definately pro-Grabner, I think that injuries may be one thing that could hold him back; he's not injury prone per se, I just think that his style of game makes him vulnerable at certain times. The only other thing I think people could say bad about him is the fact that when he's not scoring, he seems to get frustrated...he needs someone to give him a big hug and tell him it's ok in those situations; stay calm Michael, if you see them, you will score...:teach:

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
Going to be interesting to see who turns out the better prospect, Grabner or Simek...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->