Governors' Meeting Cancelled - with link

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyBowman

Mar 10, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
X8oD said:
stay away from plasma TVs. they die with in 2 years, and the cost to repair them is as much as a new one. The "plasma" wears out, they have a 2 year lifespan.

get an LCD.

Yeah plasmas are nice but I also heard the same thing. I bought a 30 inch LCD for my bedroom and its pretty nice, only thing is that analog stuff doesn't look that great but HD stuff is nice.

Cropduster

Aug 22, 2004
California
this is one of the first times I would have ever admitted I would be relieved if the cancelled the season. tired of thinking about it

Westcoasthabsfan

Aug 22, 2004
In Pandoras Box
I really dont know why they are putting the fans through this, just cancel the season and be done with it. This just tells me that it was a ploy to see if the NHLPA would blink which they havent. We are in for a long time without NHL hockey

hockeytown9321

Jun 18, 2004
Westcoasthabsfan said:
I really dont know why they are putting the fans through this, just cancel the season and be done with it. This just tells me that it was a ploy to see if the NHLPA would blink which they havent. We are in for a long time without NHL hockey

They're reluctant to cancel the season for a couple of reasons. First, as soon as the season is cancelled, they have to refund all the season tickey money at once. The longer they go, the longer they can earn interest on that money. Second, they have to try and show they are trying to negotiate if they want to go to impasse, and cancelling the season early doesn't help.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
hockeytown9321 said:
First, as soon as the season is cancelled, they have to refund all the season tickey money at once.
They do? Down here they're giving refunds only if people request it as far as I know, and if you get the refund you lose your seats. :dunno: With the interest I'm getting from them on my ticket money, they'll owe me a few rounds of playoff tickets by the time they start up again, which is the only reason I'm letting them keep it (that and the big discount I got for buying them in the first place).

Edit: forgot to add, to me it's a VERY bad sign if they're not having this meeting because there's "nothing to discuss". I expect the season to be cancelled shortly.

hockeytown9321

Jun 18, 2004
Sotnos said:
They do? Down here they're giving refunds only if people request it as far as I know, and if you get the refund you lose your seats. :dunno: With the interest I'm getting from them on my ticket money, they'll owe me a few rounds of playoff tickets by the time they start up again, which is the only reason I'm letting them keep it (that and the big discount I got for buying them in the first place).

Edit: forgot to add, to me it's a VERY bad sign if they're not having this meeting because there's "nothing to discuss". I expect the season to be cancelled shortly.

I'm sure each team is doing things a little differently, but once the season is cancelled, if you request or get a refund, its going to be for whatever's left of the season. So far, they've only had to refund a month at a time. By waiting 2 more weeks to cancel the season, they stand to make alot more money than if they cancel now. Also, its probably a good assumption that the most refund requests will come once the season is cancelled.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
ScottyBowman said:
Yeah plasmas are nice but I also heard the same thing. I bought a 30 inch LCD for my bedroom and its pretty nice, only thing is that analog stuff doesn't look that great but HD stuff is nice.

I bought a Sony TruFlat TV last year. 30 Inch, HD Picture. For 240 Bucks [now its 340] I couldnt pass it up. But I agree, the analog stuff came in awful.

Luckily, we are a "test area" for comcast,. and they recently made Every channel Digital. Sweet as hell.

CalgaryThrasher

Feb 28, 2003
Calgary Alberta Cana
Visit site
X8oD said:
I bought a Sony TruFlat TV last year. 30 Inch, HD Picture. For 240 Bucks [now its 340] I couldnt pass it up. But I agree, the analog stuff came in awful.

Luckily, we are a "test area" for comcast,. and they recently made Every channel Digital. Sweet as hell.

Sorry to tell you, but you do not have an HDTV... You will not find a 30 inch HDTV of any kind for under $600 AT LEAST (Unless you bought it Stolen).

It may be described as a High Definition screen, but I Highly doubt your TV accepts the HDTV signals..

Off topic post, so my appologies.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
X8oD said:
stay away from plasma TVs. they die with in 2 years, and the cost to repair them is as much as a new one. The "plasma" wears out, they have a 2 year lifespan.

get an LCD.

Total ignorance. Plasma has a way higher lifespan than that. That is not the reason to avoid plasmas, LCD just has better screen resolution and doesnt consume so much electricity. LCD is more expensive, but they will meet the requirements for a bit longer time. Plasma does not wear out these days. The "burn-in" problems etc. are very old news.

And anyway...dont get an expensive TV without an extended all inclusive warranty. It costs a bit more, but you can rest assured that your big investment will stay with you for years to come, or you get a new one to replace it.

Oh yeah! The season. It's done.

misterjaggers

Sep 7, 2003
The Duke City
They're not in any rush to cancel the season:

"We haven't given it a lot of thought, but my guess is that once it's clear to everyone that we can't play games this season, I would imagine an announcement will be made," NHL VP Daly said.
http://www.canada.com/sports/story....re the NHLPA), not to discuss a cut-off date.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Huh? The meeting in cancelled due to a "lack of progress in collective bargaining," when the meeting was originally planned in the even there was a lack of progress.

This makes no sense at all. Something is going on for sure. I dunno if it's a proposal that has been submitted secretly or what, but something is in the works.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
CalgaryThrasher said:
Sorry to tell you, but you do not have an HDTV... You will not find a 30 inch HDTV of any kind for under $600 AT LEAST (Unless you bought it Stolen).

It may be described as a High Definition screen, but I Highly doubt your TV accepts the HDTV signals..

Off topic post, so my appologies.

its HD ready, shoulda clarified.

It has the high def hook-ups. I currently use the High Def Pack for my Xbox. Great picture.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
gerbilanium said:
Cancel The Season Already!!!
I agree! Cancel this freakin season, crush the union and let the rebuilding begin. The stupid owners have raised a bunch brats and now they are paying for it.

I look forward to the great NHL makeover! Hopefully everyone involved will learn from this mess and not repeat it in the future.

MacDaddy TLC*

When they scheduled the meeting I thought it was a sign the end was near; then I thought it was a ploy.

The news that the meeting was cancelled today was met with a raised eyebrow; then I thought once again it was all a ploy.

To tell you the truth, the longer this gets dragged out, and the more nonsense from both sides, I care less about this league and its greedy owners and players.

JRgavemeaNTC

Jan 6, 2005
Raleigh
Sotnos said:

Here in carolina its: 10% off 2005-6, 15% off 2006-7, 20% off 2007-8. Plus any reductions they have to do because of the empty arena. Plus 5 percent interest on any money I leave in. The longer they go without, the cheaper the seats will be and more empty the place will be, in all likelihood. I didn't think Karmanos was going to be my banker this year, but it sure looks like it now.

Sp5618

Nov 26, 2004
Hogwash

Its all a bunch of hogwash from the NHL.

They schedule a meeting 2 or 3 weeks ago....expecting some "major" development in that time...that requires all the guvs to be there?

Today, they say....well, there really is nothing to discuss, so why have a meeting. There was nothing to discuss this week, last week or the week that the meeting was set. It's just a bunch of PR gained to attract fan attention so they can spew some more of their misguided anger at the players.

There will be nothing to discuss until both side get serious and lock themselves in a room, promising not to come out until an agreement is reached.

SENSible1*

snafu said:
Its all a bunch of hogwash from the NHL.

They schedule a meeting 2 or 3 weeks ago....expecting some "major" development in that time...that requires all the guvs to be there?

Today, they say....well, there really is nothing to discuss, so why have a meeting. There was nothing to discuss this week, last week or the week that the meeting was set. It's just a bunch of PR gained to attract fan attention so they can spew some more of their misguided anger at the players.

There will be nothing to discuss until both side get serious and lock themselves in a room, promising not to come out until an agreement is reached.
Both sides are simply attempting to ratchet up the pressure on the other side.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
The owners arent going to cancel the season - bettman and the hardliners are going to let it slip way. Gee what a surprise.

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
It's never been more evident than it is now that the fan is the one who is really being treated like trash in this entire process.

Starscream

May 11, 2004
Riverview NB
I'm sick of all this crap, both sides are anoying.
its up to the other side to come up with a new proposal.
Here's an idea, how about both sides come up with a proposal and work from that.

good new nfl playoffs start saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad