Post-Game Talk (GBU): "Got a little fight in ya...I like that"

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
6 shots per game is a completely unrealistic expectation.

Why? Do you truly think he doesn’t get the opportunities? I think he does.

And ya, it doesn’t have to be 6 every game, but he should be around it regularly.

For reference Ovechkin rocked 6.5 a game at the same age range and cleared 5 shots a game multiple seasons.

With his skill set he should be leading the league, imo, to maximize his efficiency.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Watching the world series instead of doing color, the glory hole comment... is he trying to get **** canned?
Glory hole could have been on his mind from earlier in the broadcast when he name dropped Steel Panther and that is a title of one of their songs.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I think the changes in the power play will work for Eichel. Dahlin and Mittelstadt are pass-first types, and Eichel can be the trigger man, Ovie style. 5v5 he can distribute or shoot.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I think the changes in the power play will work for Eichel. Dahlin and Mittelstadt are pass-first types, and Eichel can be the trigger man, Ovie style. 5v5 he can distribute or shoot.

We'll see. The reason Okposo "worked" on PP1 often enough is that he wasn't hesitant to shoot. As long as Dahlin and Casey don't get too pass-happy, it'll work.

I still want Sam back on PP1. But I like the idea of Jack/Casey on their off wings on the halfwall -- opens up so much.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
Mittelstadt on the opposite wall is starting to draw attention from PKers and Jack is going to start having some really open one-timers because of it. Casey has the playmaking + stickhandling ability that our pp was severely lacking.

I also think Sam and Sheary should sub back in for Pominville & Skinner on the powerplay. The Eichel -> Reinhart -> Sheary passing play was pretty effective & would be hard to defend when you have to worry about Mittelstadt and Dahlin on the other side of the ozone as well.

Long term I expect us to be a consistent top 10 powerplay, there's just so much talent out there.

Buttons85

RJ & Rayzor Fan Club
Jan 31, 2013
Austin, TX
Now I’m curious what the record is for shots per game. I believe prime Ovie was around 400 a season
Phil Esposito with 7.05 shots per game in 1970-71. Ovie's 2008-09 campaign is up there at number 2, which is 6.68 shots per game (528 total shots!).

If Eichel sustained a 6 shot per game pace for a whole season, that would slot him in 4th place all-time for shots per game in a season.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
We'll see. The reason Okposo "worked" on PP1 often enough is that he wasn't hesitant to shoot. As long as Dahlin and Casey don't get too pass-happy, it'll work.

I still want Sam back on PP1. But I like the idea of Jack/Casey on their off wings on the halfwall -- opens up so much.

Is it any different than having Backstrom and Kuzy on the PP? Neither of them is a shoot-first player and both are fairly pass happy, especially Backstrom.

Jack becomes the backside option as Dahlin and Mittelstadt QB the PP. I think the reason Housley moved Reinhart to PP2 is so he can tip in shots from Ristolainen and Okposo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->