Got 2 words for you: Phil Kessel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
kobe said:
He's been really impressive thus far in the tournament. Awesome speed, dazzling offensive arsenal. He has it all. And he's only 17 years old. He's no Sidney Crosby but he's still an incredible prospect.

You wanna compare Kessel with anyone, try guys like Brule, Cogliano, Setoguchi, Bertram, Bradford, etc. Any of those guys could be putting on the same show if they were playing for Team USA.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
HabLover said:
You wanna compare Kessel with anyone, try guys like Brule, Cogliano, Setoguchi, Bertram, Bradford, etc. Any of those guys could be putting on the same show if they were playing for Team USA.

Of the guys you listed, only Brule compares to Phil.

Bradford? :lol

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
monster_bertuzzi said:
Of the guys you listed, only Brule compares to Phil.

Bradford? :lol

please don't take everything that hablover says seriously. his red white blue acid reflux disease sometimes makes his stomach a little sour, and he burps out things no one else should or would.

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
nomorekids said:
please don't take everything that hablover says seriously. his red white blue acid reflux disease sometimes makes his stomach a little sour, and he burps out things no one else should or would.

Pathetic. I thought mods were supposed to stop problems, not start them.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Habdul said:
Pathetic. I thought mods were supposed to stop problems, not start them.

i'm not starting a problem.

hablover has a history of instigating these things with threads started for the sole purpose of baiting\deriding fans of teams\countries that he doesn't like. it gets old, and forgive me for feeling that way. go take a look at the WJC board, and see how many threads he started about anything from the the US defense, Al Montoya or the American team on the whole. Then reconsider who's "causing problems."

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
nomorekids said:
i'm not starting a problem.

hablover has a history of instigating these things with threads started for the sole purpose of baiting\deriding fans of teams\countries that he doesn't like. it gets old, and forgive me for feeling that way. go take a look at the WJC board, and see how many threads he started about anything from the the US defense, Al Montoya or the American team on the whole. Then reconsider who's "causing problems."

Interesting. I reconsidered, and checked out your story:

http://www.hfboards.com/search.php?searchid=332168

And it reconfirmed my thoughts that you are the one causing the problem. I fail to see how any of the above threads (borderline on the black player thread) is baiting/deriding etc.

But, it is irrelevant. As a long-time member of this site and a long-time mod at another, what disturbs me is your consistent bias against hab fans on this board. This thread is a perfect example; Even if hablover posted something against the CS of hfuture...although it is clear that he did not, you should be moderating it shouldn't you? Not personally attacking the poster and making an offhanded remark about the "red, white and blue". What does being a hab fan have to do with any one post?

I hate to call out a mod...but in your case I just don't care and am ready to face the consequences. You are not mod material.

Last edited:

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Habdul said:
Interesting. I reconsidered, and checked out your story:

http://hfboards.com/search.php?searchid=331248

And it reconfirmed my thoughts that you are the one causing the problem. I fail to see how any of the above threads (borderline on the black player thread) is baiting/deriding etc.

But, it is irrelevant. As a long-time member of this site and a long-time mod at another, what disturbs me is your consistent bias against hab fans on this board. This thread is a perfect example; Even if hablover posted something against the CS of hfuture...although it is clear that he did not, you should be moderating it shouldn't you? Not personally attacking the poster and making an offhanded remark about the "red, white and blue". What does being a hab fan have to do with any one post?

I hate to call out a mod...but in your case I just don't care and am ready to face the consequences. You are not mod material.

i meant "red white and blue' as in the USA, not the habs. this has nothing to do with montreal or the fact that he's a montreal fan. he made a pretty ridiculous comment that the only reason kessel has shined is because comparatively, the rest of the team is bad...and then went on to make it even worse by suggesting that someone like devon setoguchi would shine just as much. that type of trolling from him has gone on since the start of the tournament, and i suggest that if you have anymore issues with me, you PM me personally, because whining about it publically will only get you in trouble.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
nomorekids said:
i meant "red white and blue' as in the USA, not the habs. this has nothing to do with montreal or the fact that he's a montreal fan. he made a pretty ridiculous comment that the only reason kessel has shined is because comparatively, the rest of the team is bad...and then went on to make it even worse by suggesting that someone like devon setoguchi would shine just as much. that type of trolling from him has gone on since the start of the tournament, and i suggest that if you have anymore issues with me, you PM me personally, because whining about it publically will only get you in trouble.

Yeah, we will all get in trouble! Just cuz you have like 3 billion posts and have no life, you don't know it all. I never yapped about what you said above, all I said in this post is compare Kessel to some other prospects cuz right now he's not on Crosby's level. Kessel couldn't even dominate the U17's last year against 5 Canadian regional teams and the USA was stacked and they didn't even finish in the TOP 3.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
HabLover said:
Yeah, we will all get in trouble! Just cuz you have like 3 billion posts and have no life, you don't know it all. I never yapped about what you said above, all I said in this post is compare Kessel to some other prospects cuz right now he's not on Crosby's level. Kessel couldn't even dominate the U17's last year against 5 Canadian regional teams and the USA was stacked and they didn't even finish in the TOP 3.

whatever helps you sleep at night, dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad