Jun 17, 2002
La-La-Laprise said:
He isnt sure yet.

I am assuming one of thes 4:

Michigan
Wisconisn
North Dakota
BC

Replace North Dakota with Minnesota and those are the front runners.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
THE NEXT ONE #87 said:
He has a Swiss name so it should be Müller. but u guys doesn´t understand german.... :lol
I know how it's pronounced in German, but that wasn't my question. He's not from Switzerland, so I'm not concerned with how they pronounce it. I'm wondering how it's pronounced correctly.

There are no umlauts in English, so it's Mueller.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
La-La-Laprise said:
Id put money on him ending up at Michigan.

He is from Wisconsin but he may want to leave home.
Depends, North Dakota is known more to develop players and get them ready for the NHL, Kessel will have to choose between home anda great development system.

leafaholix*

Hopefully he ends up with Wisconsin.

Robbie Earl and Phil Kessel would be a deadly combination.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
Id put money on him ending up at Michigan.

He is from Wisconsin but he may want to leave home.

he has already left home to play for the US U-18 squad, which just happens to play in ann arbor. so he is currently experiencing what living there would be like if he is a wolverine.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
Depends, North Dakota is known more to develop players and get them ready for the NHL, Kessel will have to choose between home anda great development system.

north dakota isn't one of the schools he is reportedly looking at...kessel has denied that the list has been narrowed down cause he doesn't want to say anything until he makes the decision but rumor is it is between michigan, minnesota and wisconsin.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
JasonMacIsaac said:
What about their stadium? It's freakin amazing!!!! :amazed:

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
in a hockeyscoting.ca interview they were pronouncing it as "'myoo-ler", as in rhyming with ferris bueller.

what other us players have a shot at 1st round in 2006 out of these players?

kessel
mueller
e johnson
morin
spade
mitera
foligno
j ryan
okposo
dowzek
strait
geoffrion

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
stockwizard said:
Who the hell is stockwizard?

Im just guessing here, but I assume that the mods have a way of seeing our IP's on these message boards...so playing dumb isnt gonna help you.

stockbroker

Dec 24, 2004
Chaos said:
Im just guessing here, but I assume that the mods have a way of seeing our IP's on these message boards...so playing dumb isnt gonna help you.
If I didn't want people to think I am whoever Stockwizard is, I wouldn't have picked a name so close to his.

RW8

Feb 10, 2004
"Phil Kessel celebrates with teammate Jacob Dowell after scoring a goal in Team USA's win over Belarus"

The caption for the picture they showed in the article posted by bleedgreen.. :speechles

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
bleedgreen said:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/juniors/2004-12-28-usa-kessel_x.htm
i know people were laughing at the thought of kessel being compared to crosby, but this article does it blatantly. is this what people were talking about? i was going to start a thread about this, but figured id get flamed for another kessel thread.

saying that he would be "our crosby" (meaning usa hockey) is not the same as saying he is as good as crosby...

crosby is not only viewed as the top canadian but also has become sort of the face of canadian hockey in a way, and kessel could be the same for usa hockey

it was said in a way and crosby's name was dropped to make people think that kessel is just as good to build hype for kessel and usa hockey as a whole...but if you look at it in terms of kessel could be to usa hockey what crosby is to canadian hockey it isn't that big a stretch

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
the "stockbroker" guy is like a serial killer that leaves clues to find him, pride gets in the way, the real pros maintain their cover throughout their act.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
NYR469 said:
saying that he would be "our crosby" (meaning usa hockey) is not the same as saying he is as good as crosby...

crosby is not only viewed as the top canadian but also has become sort of the face of canadian hockey in a way, and kessel could be the same for usa hockey

it was said in a way and crosby's name was dropped to make people think that kessel is just as good to build hype for kessel and usa hockey as a whole...but if you look at it in terms of kessel could be to usa hockey what crosby is to canadian hockey it isn't that big a stretch
thats what i thought about it myself. i just thought it was funny an article mentioned the two together a night after people were laughing about it here. kessel has looked awesome, but my viewing of crosby has been limited to last years gold medal game, wasnt much to see. im sure crosby is everything people make of him, i wish americans could see him more. as an american im pretty pumped to see good hockey players from anywhere and everywhere, i dont really care what country they play for.

stockbroker

Dec 24, 2004
bleedgreen said:
thats what i thought about it myself. i just thought it was funny an article mentioned the two together a night after people were laughing about it here. kessel has looked awesome, but my viewing of crosby has been limited to last years gold medal game, wasnt much to see. im sure crosby is everything people make of him, i wish americans could see him more. as an american im pretty pumped to see good hockey players from anywhere and everywhere, i dont really care what country they play for.
I just realised most Americans have never seen Crosby play. Even on T.V.
That must be frustrating.

I hope the U.S. will get to play Canada at this year's WJC, so Crosby will be there for all to see.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
stockbroker said:
I just realised most Americans have never seen Crosby play. Even on T.V.
That must be frustrating.

I hope the U.S. will get to play Canada at this year's WJC, so Crosby will be there for all to see.
Take off, hoser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->