LeBrun: Gostisbehere available for trade

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
So why Ghost -4 this year? Because the chemistry between Ghost and Braun suxed all year. Ghost needs to be a number 4 d-man paired with someone who is good in transition d when Ghost does pinch. Pairing Ghost with slow Braun and playing him with bottom 6 forward he had no chance to succeed. They sacrificed Ghost to develop Sanheim and Myers. Feel free to debate the wisdom or folly.

What if my team all ready has a stud pp1 guy? Then you won't be looking at Ghost. Example LA KINGS. If you are locked in at DD for pp1 I don't think Ghost is your guy. Now if you want to shave minutes off DD for long term career then lets talk.

Ghost 5 years cf% always 50.6 to 53.7% while Fenwick is always 50.8%-53.4%. That is if you want better predictors and not +- luck stats.

If you trade for Ghost it is boom or bust. All day every day I would gamble on the upside and give up say a 2 for Ghost than sign journeyman bottom pairing guys for 3-4 m.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
To steal this from Striiker from the Flyers boards. Sometimes, Mgt and Coaches are dumb. They chose Hagg over Ghost. Would you?

438b499b1665929927f32b4b4d1f1abf.png

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Im a fan of both teams but I have no idea what his value is. I'd love him in Ottawa

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
To steal this from Striiker from the Flyers boards. Sometimes, Mgt and Coaches are dumb. They chose Hagg over Ghost. Would you?

438b499b1665929927f32b4b4d1f1abf.png
AV is known to insist on all his guys being hard to play against without the puck. Maybe Ghost is a bit soft?

Reactions: Flyer lurker

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Didn't Philly have a 10 game win streak with him a healthy scratch and then lose the first game he returned to the lineup?

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
AV is known to insist on all his guys being hard to play against without the puck. Maybe Ghost is a bit soft?
Hagg is more physical than Ghost. I can't deny that one.

Lucky if physical hitting/strength is more valued than actual talent can you understand why Flyers fans are not fans of AV after the playoffs. Nate Thompson is more physical than say Kevin Hayes. It doesn't mean Nate should be chosen to D against Suzuki or Barzal lines.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
how many times was he healthy scratched?
He was injured with surgeries over the last two seasons, he played great when he played in the playoffs, but yet again av wouldn’t just keep him in the lineup even tho the games he played he was one of our best guys in the ice

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
Defensive liability, and after a string of leg injuries, his offense isn’t good enough to make up for it.
Yeah he has potential to rebound but with his last couple years, contract and a flat cap, does he have negative value at this point?

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Didn't Philly have a 10 game win streak with him a healthy scratch and then lose the first game he returned to the lineup?
The Flyers won 9 in a row Ghost came back to play and lost because Rask for the Bruins played out of his mind. Ghost was fine, Flyers were the better 18 skaters that game. Rask stole one. It happens.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Ghost getting 60 (65) points was a fluke, as every top-level player on the team had career years

That was two years after his rookie year where he scored 46 points in 64 games after being a call-up, which is 59 points over 82 games as a rookie getting his feet wet. In the right situation, Ghost could log good ice time and own the PP for a team who could bury the biscuit. Gostisbehere is very similar to Tyson Barrie in Colorado--not the best defensively but good enough to play decent minutes and capable of running the PP.

That said, maybe he doesn't get 60 exactly, but 50 isn't out of the question by any stretch. My point being--Gostisbehere is my main "flourish with a change of scenery" player who is apparently up for grabs.

*OvechKiN*

Nov 29, 2005
How is this news? Everyone with a big contract and being a consistent healthy scratch is available I would think.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That was two years after his rookie year where he scored 46 points in 64 games after being a call-up, which is 59 points over 82 games as a rookie getting his feet wet. In the right situation, Ghost could log good ice time and own the PP for a team who could bury the biscuit. Gostisbehere is very similar to Tyson Barrie in Colorado--not the best defensively but good enough to play decent minutes and capable of running the PP.

That said, maybe he doesn't get 60 exactly, but 50 isn't out of the question by any stretch. My point being--Gostisbehere is my main "flourish with a change of scenery" player who is apparently up for grabs.
He's not going to get 25 minutes though. His rookie season he had an exaggerated shooting percentage. He's not an 11% shooter.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
What happened to him? Legit question. Remember couple years ago he was a future 1D?

He’s been paired with some of the worst Dmen in the league, literally. Amac and Hagg recently. He also has had knee issues that have been cleaned up. He looked out standing in the games he played this post season. Produced and did well. I was honestly shocked he didn’t get in the lineup as a staple. If someone buys low on him they will be happy. On a good team with a good PP I bet he could be top D scorer again.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
He looked out standing in the games he played this post season.

Not true. He looked very good in the Tampa Round Robin game and was okay in one of the Montreal games. He couldn't keep his place in the lineup because of some awful giveaways vs. the Canadiens and was not a fixture once replaced in that series. Ghost is just not a fit in Philly anymore--the coach doesn't believe in him. If you remember an article last summer from a very reputable Philly writer--he was on the record of saying he heard, "Vigneault feels Gostisbehere's game cannot be fixed." Ghost was far from outstanding in the postseason--if he was--he would have been a fixture and the Flyers PP wouldn't have been 0-for-20-something or whatever horrendous number it was.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Ghost would look great on the rangers.
I actually thought of something based around Gostisbehere+ for DeAngelo. Flyers could use another good RHD and a jolt on the PP--and the Rangers could use a LHD who can contribute now, considering they have Righties Trouba and Fox in the Top-4. This is the perfect risk-reward trade for both teams... but it puts the Flyers in a tough spot for the expansion draft, where they can only protect 3 D (so one of Provorov, Sanheim, Myers, DeAngelo would be vulnerable).

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Wonder what a package of Ghost and Frostky could get?
I'd be willing to find out. I'd like to say it could be a big part of landing an impact winger--preferably a pure sniper--but I'm not sure. The Flyers need a Laine or Boeser type in the worst way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->