LeBrun: Gostisbehere available for trade

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
That's my feeling. Market moved a lot, Ghost has more value to the Flyers than another team, which isn't saying a lot. Only way to move him is in a hockey deal for a guy underperforming to his contract like Tyler Johnson.
I do think Ghost is at the very least our fourth best Dman and with proper usage he'd be easily worth his contract.

Does proper usage and Gostisbehere learning to play better defense mean the same thing?

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
A 4th round pick is about you will get for a guy that can't play any defense who's offense is on the steep decline. Yet, another stupid contract handed out by the Flyers who continue to try and lock young players up way before they need to in hopes they won't stink down the line.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
A 4th round pick is about you will get for a guy that can't play any defense who's offense is on the steep decline. Yet, another stupid contract handed out by the Flyers who continue to try and lock young players up way before they need to in hopes they won't stink down the line.

Ghost signed his extension at age 24 after having 24 goals and 85 points in his first 140 games in the NHL. It was widely considered a bargain at the time. His first season after the extension he had 65 points and was 10th in Norris voting. The following 2 seasons he has battled through all types of injuries thay have limited his effectiveness. The Flyers could not have predicted that.

seadawg

Sep 22, 2008
Ghost signed his extension at age 24 after having 24 goals and 85 points in his first 140 games in the NHL. It was widely considered a bargain at the time. His first season after the extension he had 65 points and was 10th in Norris voting. The following 2 seasons he has battled through all types of injuries thay have limited his effectiveness. The Flyers could not have predicted that.

Posts like the one to which you replied are a classic example of what is wrong with this forum.

Far too often (almost always, to be frank), discussions dissolve into fans from opposing teams bickering amongst each other and making comments that are far from factual and almost always based on emotion. It is really too bad, because there are some insightful, valuable, and positive comments inter-mixed into the discussion, but those comments are overshadowed by the far more common posts containing nonsense and rhetoric.

It was extremely obvious at the time that the Flyers signed Gostisbehere to a bargain contract, and it looked even better the year after he signed the contract. Any person who says otherwise is either ignoring the facts or simply making the comments to stir up the conversation. I know it won't ever happen on this site, but it is usually best just to ignore such uninformed comments that add nothing of value to the conversation.

And I say this as a non-Flyers fan. I just love the game of hockey and enjoy positive debate/discussion. Unfortunately, most of the conversations on this site, even if they start off on a positive note, eventually become pointless with numerous comments similar to the one to which you responded.

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
Posts like the one to which you replied are a classic example of what is wrong with this forum.

Far too often (almost always, to be frank), discussions dissolve into fans from opposing teams bickering amongst each other and making comments that are far from factual and almost always based on emotion. It is really too bad, because there are some insightful, valuable, and positive comments inter-mixed into the discussion, but those comments are overshadowed by the far more common posts containing nonsense and rhetoric.

It was extremely obvious at the time that the Flyers signed Gostisbehere to a bargain contract, and it looked even better the year after he signed the contract. Any person who says otherwise is either ignoring the facts or simply making the comments to stir up the conversation. I know it won't ever happen on this site, but it is usually best just to ignore such uninformed comments that add nothing of value to the conversation.

And I say this as a non-Flyers fan. I just love the game of hockey and enjoy positive debate/discussion. Unfortunately, most of the conversations on this site, even if they start off on a positive note, eventually become pointless with numerous comments similar to the one to which you responded.

Very enjoyable read, Thanks!

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
There are no facts to this claim.

facts as in proof? well duh the GM hasnt come out and said were trading Ghost but you are litterally in a thread where Lebrun said multiple sources have confirmed that Ghost is abailable for trade. I believe Lebrun came out with this at end of September

PhillyFaninMTL

Mar 30, 2016
Montreal
facts as in proof? well duh the GM hasnt come out and said were trading Ghost but you are litterally in a thread where Lebrun said multiple sources have confirmed that Ghost is abailable for trade. I believe Lebrun came out with this at end of September
I'd assume the main reason is that Ghost is available but they aren't just giving him away. The Flyers have no reason to move him right now unless it's for an upgrade, it's not like they are in cap trouble.

As much as many want to believe so, he's not a cap dump. It's not like they are desperately trying to offload him to any potential suitor and will buy him out if not.

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
Kind of like locking Sean Couturier up for 6 years at 4.43 AAV during which time he becomes a number 1 center, 2 time 30+ goal 76 point scorer and Selke winner?

Reactions: ttp

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
No, he really didn't. And I am saying that both as a fan of his and as someone with one foot in the comedy scene in LA. That crowd beat him up. Philadelphians and O&A fans are unforgiving crowds to begin with. O&A fans FROM the Philadelphia area are brutal.
well ya that's how it started. The crowd was shitting on every comic and then burr comes in and just goes off. Don't see how he was embarrassed when the crowd was cheering for him in the end. Don't see how having a foot in the comedy scene in socal helps lol, i have seen him at the comedy store too lol

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
Soccer is what you Yanks play, it's football here. I was a Rugby player when I was younger. Sorry for picking on the goldenboy of the Flyers, but his next move for the franchise may be the best ever, his retirement.

Looks like you’ll be waiting awhile. He’s still one of the most effective players on the team.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
....and his totals in the bubble were.....
Can’t go off of that. We couldn’t score goals. We couldn’t score PP goals. And Fletcher just said that Ghost has an elite shot. But he didn’t play despite looking amazing when he did play. Hagg played instead. It was a poor choice. Easily could have been the difference in that series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad