LeBrun: Gostisbehere available for trade

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
What's his contract look like ?
Oscar klefbom for ghost ?
I've suggested before larsson and puljujarvi for ghost.

With the Gus signing I expect the larger role to go to the guy who performs better in the defensive end. Let them challenge each other. Showcasing a talented player of the value isn't where you want it to be isn't out of the question

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
I've suggested before larsson and puljujarvi for ghost.

With the Gus signing I expect the larger role to go to the guy who performs better in the defensive end. Let them challenge each other. Showcasing a talented player of the value isn't where you want it to be isn't out of the question

Maybe before Pulju and Barrie signed, but JP looks like a new player so far this season in Finland and Barrie is our powerplay guy now. Larsson is needed to take the heavy minutes that Barrie won't see.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Voracek scored two less points than Gaudreau last year. Adding Ghost and a prospect for that swap is a gross overpay.

It's a great cap dump. Happy Flyguys didn't move Ghost but I would legitimately waive Voracek. No team would pick him up because he's bad and his contract is worse.

Bond

May 10, 2012
It's a great cap dump. Happy Flyguys didn't move Ghost but I would legitimately waive Voracek. No team would pick him up because he's bad and his contract is worse.
Yup, I would not want that Voracek contract on the Flames at all

Reactions: hmc1987

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
He's a top 50 forward in the league, has only missed a total of 4 games during the last 4 seasons, and is still only 31. The last season was the same point pace as the year before. Voracek has value to the team and is easily worth his cap.

nucksauce

Oct 30, 2013
Whichever team rips off the Flyers for Ghost is going to look really smart, especially if they use him on PP1 and pair him with a steady partner.

AV has no idea how to use him for some reason.

He would look pretty darn good in a Canucks jersey with Hughes. Can't think of what would interest the Flyers outside of futures. Plus we would have to dump cap to someone.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
He's a top 50 forward in the league, has only missed a total of 4 games during the last 4 seasons, and is still only 31. The last season was the same point pace as the year before. Voracek has value to the team and is easily worth his cap.
My only problem with Voracek is how he takes shifts off. I watch a good amount of Flyers games a year, say 10-15, and every game I watch he takes some amount of shifts off

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Both coming off down years, obviously LA has time to see if Kupari bounces back but you're loaded with C prospects and verrrrrrrrrrr..........rrrrrry lean on NHL LD.

12 points in 42 games, -4 on a team that is +36 goal differential? You did say "NHL LD" right?

He makes 4.5 mil for the next several seasons. In today's market, maybe it's Philadelphia that would have to send to us a Kupari-esque level of prospect/asset back for us to take Gostibehere, at least without significant retention.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

This is an embarassingly bad take. You should feel bad.

Paced for nearly 70 points again, had his best season defensively, and was our 2nd leading scorer in the Playoffs.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
12 points in 42 games, -4 on a team that is +36 goal differential? You did say "NHL LD" right?

He makes 4.5 mil for the next several seasons. In today's market, maybe it's Philadelphia that would have to send to us a Kupari-esque level of prospect/asset back for us to take Gostibehere, at least without significant retention.

Battled through multiple injuries which prevented him from ever really finding his footing under a new coaching staff.

Was healthy after the break and looked great whenever he got into a playoff game. Looked his old self.

I'm willing to bet he returns to a 40-50 point dman with average defense if moved to a new team that uses him properly.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Battled through multiple injuries which prevented him from ever really finding his footing under a new coaching staff.

Was healthy after the break and looked great whenever he got into a playoff game. Looked his old self.

Good to know...still the term is very scary. If it was one more year, it would be a "gamble" he could bounce back after looking better in the playoffs, as you said. With the term, if he doesn't bounce back, it would be a huge liability on the level of an annuity. As you say, maybe he could still be useful...just that risk.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Would make some sense for Ottawa to look at him. They are $6.5 million under the salary cap floor right now. Even if they sign their remaining RFA, I dont think they will get to the floor...

Also their defense looks horrible right now. They do need a puck mover and for 3 years at $4.5 Ghost isnt a bad option...especially if Flyers can retain a little.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Good to know...still the term is very scary. If it was one more year, it would be a "gamble" he could bounce back after looking better in the playoffs, as you said. With the term, if he doesn't bounce back, it would be a huge liability on the level of an annuity. As you say, maybe he could still be useful...just that risk.

3 x $4.5 isn't terrible if he comes even close to bouncing back to his 17-18 season.

I think it's more likely that he starts the season with the Flyers and is either traded in-season or left exposed in expansion where Seattle may take a chance on him. If they pass, he'll be traded next summer when his 2 X $4.5 is easier to move.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Would make some sense for Ottawa to look at him. They are $6.5 million under the salary cap floor right now. Even if they sign their remaining RFA, I dont think they will get to the floor...

Also their defense looks horrible right now. They do need a puck mover and for 3 years at $4.5 Ghost isnt a bad option...especially if Flyers can retain a little.

We could retain depending on what we are getting back.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012

I'm willing to bet he returns to a 40-50 point dman with average defense if moved to a new team that uses him properly.
He's never been average defensively. Always among the very worst in the league in his own zone.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Don’t know if this has been suggested yet, but how about a Hanifin for Ghost trade?

To Flyers:
Hanifin

To Flames:
Gostisbehere (some retention)
1st round pick (lottery protected) & a prospect

Both left handed shots. One is 23 and has serious upside, while the other is 27 but can quarterback a powerplay which the Flames could use.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Don’t know if this has been suggested yet, but how about a Hanifin for Ghost trade?

To Flyers:
Hanifin

To Flames:
Gostisbehere (some retention)
1st round pick (lottery protected) & a prospect

Both left handed shots. One is 23 and has serious upside, while the other is 27 but can quarterback a powerplay which the Flames could use.
This is the problem. The Flyers can't protect Hanifin in the ED. They would lose either Hanifin, Sanheim, or Lindblom in the ED. So unless your gm is moronic on a grand scale you don't trade 1's + for players you will lose in one year.

Reactions: Tripod

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
This is the problem. The Flyers can't protect Hanifin in the ED. They would lose either Hanifin, Sanheim, or Lindblom in the ED. So unless your gm is moronic on a grand scale you don't trade 1's + for players you will lose in one year.
Most teams are in the same position. Who doesn't have a quality player to expose to Seattle? Flames could invariably lose someone like Sam Bennett. Just depends on if the Flyers are ok with sweeting the pot for Seattle to take someone else. Otherwise who knows, they just lose Ghost to Seattle for nothing anyway. It's going to a tug of war for a lot of teams internally I suspect.

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
By acquiring Gustafsson sort of makes Gostisbehere redundant since both players play a similar style. The fact that Gustafsson hasn't had the knee issues that Gostisbehere has been hampered with the past couple of seasons is another reason for why I think Fletcher is still trying to find a deal to part company with Gostisbehere.
Also, after knowing that he's been on the trade block must weigh on Gostisbehere's mind. I doubt he'll feel inspired to show up at the upcoming training camp with a desire to change the organisation's mind.

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
It also makes me laugh when I read some of the responses suggesting trading Voracek. I have been wanting that to happen for the past few years, but I doubt it'll happen, his contract is way too high for other teams to be interested in the current financial situation most teams are in at the moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->