Gopro at the rink

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I know a lot of rinks and venues don’t allow or like this so be wary of that.

I’ve had luck using the method this guys uses. Swivel mount with the suction cup should work good.

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
I actually bought a GoPro Hero 8 right before the pandemic in order to go ski with my cousin out in California on a trip to Mammoth. I was scheduled to fly out March 15th and wasn't able to, but I had a game that night so I mounted up one of my helmets and decided to record. The other team was actually super cool about it, and I shared the footage with them later that night. All around it was a good experience.

A few things you need to know, the GoPro is heavy, and while it really isn't that much of a problem, if you mount it like I did you will spend a fair amount of time adjusting your helmet while playing. I have recorded a number of times now, mostly on a small back mini rink my friends and I rent out occasionally, but keep in mind your mount point. My primary mount point is on top of my helmet, leaning towards my forehead and it's noticeably hefty. It's absolutely playable but I spend a lot of time adjusting my helmet when I'm not in the play. I now have a dedicated helmet for recording, so I'm going to try a number of different mount positions going forward, but I like the top mount so I have a feeling I'm going to stay with it.

Buy a second battery.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->