OT: Gooooooal!! The Association Football Thread #124 - USMNT, PL, MLS, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Didn't see the game, but watching the goal it's odd as it's like the Mexican goalie doesn't react to it. Not saying he would have saved it, but I think he could have at least had a chance had he reacted. It's almost like he thought it was going in the corner and didnt realize it would keep curling.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Didn't see the game, but watching the goal it's odd as it's like the Mexican goalie doesn't react to it. Not saying he would have saved it, but I think he could have at least had a chance had he reacted. It's almost like he thought it was going in the corner and didnt realize it would keep curling.

chalk that up to an extremely well-placed free kick.

agreeing with you in that corona was fooled. the dip that ball took underneath the crossbar was sublime.

this also ensures that the final at levi's will actually be a usa home game. :handclap:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
How that late goal somehow eluded FOUR Jamaican defenders (including the goalie) by inches I have no idea, it's like the ball had eyes.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Went to see a couple friends perform at a underground punk venue last night and made it home in time for the final 25 minutes.

Needless to say, they were a thrilling 25 minutes.

Go, Go USA.

Jamaica is a decent team with a bright future. Felt bad for them because of two successive losses in the Final but considering they lost to CONCACAF's two powers in the 21st century they should be proud of their progress. It's retroactively surprising that they finished last in their WC qualifying group.

Aug 10, 2010
NJ
Definitely a shame Jamaica didn't even qualify for the Hex. Would've liked to see them qualify for the WC

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Red Bulls dismantled an awful Montreal tonight at RBA. I'd even say tonight was a more dominating performance than the legendary 0-7 at the baseball stadium. It was like watching Brazil play against a pub side. Bring on the plastic blue posers!!!

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Red Bulls dismantled an awful Montreal tonight at RBA. I'd even say tonight was a more dominating performance than the legendary 0-7 at the baseball stadium. It was like watching Brazil play against a pub side. Bring on the plastic blue posers!!!

That was a full out sexual assault and it was amazing to watch haha. Royer has been absolutely on fire. That was some of the best passing I have ever seen by this club. I'm SO READY for next Sunday.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
We play at Cincy on the 15th in the Open Cup semi. Let's avenge Harambe!!! Also this means no fixture congestion so we can go into the game vs the blue posers all guns blazing.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
People are selling tickets for the WCQ for $255 as the get in price on the secondary market. If it was any other event or game I wouldn't give a **** but the people touting for this game can go die in a fire.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I got a presale code so got WCQ tickets I was happy with at list price. Still pricey but I won't get to see a game like this often.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Win this one for Glenn, **** on boy city!!!!! If you are going to Legends be there at 2pm for a toast to his memory.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Wait a second what? $255 for what ticket exactly??

The World Cup qualifier against Costa Rica at Red Bull Arena in September. Of course prices are going to be through the roof for that, when's the last time a WCQ has been held in the tri-state area? And this is a fairly meaningful one at that.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
The World Cup qualifier against Costa Rica at Red Bull Arena in September. Of course prices are going to be through the roof for that, when's the last time a WCQ has been held in the tri-state area? And this is a fairly meaningful one at that.

The US has never played a meaningful game in the NYC area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->