OT: Gooooooal!! The Association Football Thread #124 - USMNT, PL, MLS, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
This really might be the year, huh? Best CB duo in the league, best LB, top 3 RB, top 3 striker, one of the best goalies, top 3 CM trio. Just need Royer and Rza to hold down the wings and support BWP enough up top.

BWP will miss some glorious chances and we'll bomb out before the cup final. I've seen this movie too many times before to get ahead of myself.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I wonder how many years away we are from a Milan side winning a league title again. Like, Liverpool's odds of ending their soon-to-be-29-year-long drought seem far greater than Juve not winning the title. And they have to challenge Manchester City.

Seems like Juventus is bent on making sure that never happens.

See you in Europe.

"Bring on yer Internazionale! Bring on yer Roma by the score...!"

It seems like the Ronaldo signing has forced other Italian clubs to seriously start spending and improving their clubs. I think it's going to be a good thing for the league. Now with ESPN it will have a lot more exposure in the States and worldwide. Things are looking up in Italy.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
@New Jersey

Bernard
Coleman
Davies

what do they have in common? they're all Toffees and Devils players/prospects. you're following the wrong club ;)

I'm also a Yankees fan who is a proponent of Fenway Sports Group and John Henry and am really happy with the direction they have taken Liverpool Football Club, despite my absolute resentment and constant revile of their sister baseball club in Bahhhhston.

This means nothing to me.

Also, I've suffered enough with the Devils, having become dedicated to the degree I am now post-lockout in the era of first-round losses and watching drunk Conte stall our future, as I was too young to fully appreciate the early 2000s outside of "oh, hey, the Devils won!" Are you trying to kill me?

Reactions: OmNomNom

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
At least my Devils and Red Sox have one recent championships. No one knows suffering like Red Bulls fans.

My emotional attachment to Liverpool is far greater than the one I have for the Metro.

However, when RBA hosts an MLS Cup Final, I will be there no matter the price, and I will absolutely lose my shit if they pull it off.

Someday...

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
My emotional attachment to Liverpool is far greater than the one I have for the Metro.

However, when RBA hosts an MLS Cup Final, I will be there no matter the price, and I will absolutely lose my **** if they pull it off.

Someday...

Not too expensive. The supporters sections were $60 each. When we were in the final in 2015 we actually had to pay for seats then the game didn't happen. That was a bittersweet refund.

Reactions: New Jersey

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I know that it seems like NYRB isn't going to shake things up much this window, but I would love it if they bought low on Joel Campbell.

i had to double-check his current club.

why arsenal would loan him out all but one season when he's been there since 2011 instead of just selling him is beyond me. reeks of wengeritis.

what that does do, to your point, is lower his value enough to make your idea realistic.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
everton did some good work on the deadline, guess we're barcelona's farm team now lol

yeah please take that distinction to the blue half of merseyside :help:

he may be a total shithouse but i would take suarez back yesterday.

i adore our current front three but i miss him so.

suarez-449112.jpg

Last edited:

Ol Dirty Bstrd

Nov 25, 2007
Just booked a euro trip for late September/early October. It starts in London - hoping to catch the Chelsea-Liverpool game on 9/29. Does anyone know what my best bet is for nabbing ticket(s)? @britdevil?

Also planning to be at the opener against the Oilers in Sweden. Anyone else going?

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Huge game for us tonight in the Shield race.

BWP going the full 90 on Sunday was a necessary evil since we were down, but it concerns me now as I'd prefer to have him going 90 tonight and Sunday against DC. I would take the chance on starting Etienne up top for the first half and bringing in Bradley for the second. We can do fine without him for a half and then he can start on Sunday and play 90 if necessary.

The other thing that concerns me is that Armas will start Lade tonight with Murillo suspended. In my opinion, especially with that postage stamp of a field, let's get our best 11 players out there (save for BWP coming on in the 46'). With Rza being back to full strength after the knock he picked up in training last week, I'd go with this:

Etienne (BWP 2nd half)
Royer-Kaku-Ivan/Muyl
Rza-Davis
Lawrence-Long-Parker-Adams
Robles

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Also,

I'd always like the opportunity to display how moronic and dumb NYCFC fans are. Seriously.

They were super proud of their TIFO from last night. They were trying to display the clubs that Red Bulls has "killed"...
Firstly, what's the rub here? That Red Bull purchased failing clubs, injected them with cash, built them beautiful stadiums, poured cash into the local youth soccer programs and built some of the best youth academies....

Anyway.... two things. First, the STOLE this TIFO from Montreal. (See Photo). This is the second time that they stole a TIFO (first from Philly.)

DlP_PrTU4AAD2Td.jpg:large

Secondly, They used the WRONG CLUB. Lokomotiv Leipzig is NOT the club that Red Bull purchased (Spiel- und Sportverein Markranstädt is). Lokomotiv Leipzig still very much exists and has a match on Sunday.

DlPY2bnU8AABTxN.jpg:large

City fans are the absolute worst... Their supporters are a sad excuse for a real SC. Then later in the game they start singing "go back to New Jersey" while the idiots from Third Rail NJ are in there waving their NJ flags.... oh man.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Also,

I'd always like the opportunity to display how moronic and dumb NYCFC fans are. Seriously.

They were super proud of their TIFO from last night. They were trying to display the clubs that Red Bulls has "killed"...
Firstly, what's the rub here? That Red Bull purchased failing clubs, injected them with cash, built them beautiful stadiums, poured cash into the local youth soccer programs and built some of the best youth academies....

Anyway.... two things. First, the STOLE this TIFO from Montreal. (See Photo). This is the second time that they stole a TIFO (first from Philly.)

Secondly, They used the WRONG CLUB. Lokomotiv Leipzig is NOT the club that Red Bull purchased (Spiel- und Sportverein Markranstädt is). Lokomotiv Leipzig still very much exists and has a match on Sunday.

City fans are the absolute worst... Their supporters are a sad excuse for a real SC. Then later in the game they start singing "go back to New Jersey" while the idiots from Third Rail NJ are in there waving their NJ flags.... oh man.
Did you see the tweet one of our fans did in response saying our next tifo will be a memorial list of all the people their owners have killed? After that tweet we may as well do a memorial for the Third Fail because they were just killed in the most brutal and savage manner possible.

Reactions: Basement Cat

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Why do the powerhouse EPL teams like Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea always play these Washington Generals type teams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad