OT: Gooooooal!! The Association Football Thread #124 - USMNT, PL, MLS, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Just got my ticket for the Gold Cup at RBA a week from today. It's a doubleheader with Canada facing French Guiana (which will be seen by a few hundred people live) and Costa Rica vs Honduras. So I get to see Ticos and Hondurans try to kill each other in the stands. Should be fun!

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Booked a break for my maiden pilgrimage to Anfield in May that will kick off a family trip to England and Ireland. Last PL match of the season against Brighton & Hove.

Hopefully there's a trophy involved. :)

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Booked a break for my maiden pilgrimage to Anfield in May that will kick off a family trip to England and Ireland. Last PL match of the season against Brighton & Hove.

Hopefully there's a trophy involved. :)
I doubt Brighton and Hove win the league on the last day of the year so you don't have to worry about that :)

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Got my ticket thanks to a friend via the Red Member presale. Also anyone buying them to flip them on the secondary market (where they can end up in Tico hands) is a total sack of crap.

Aug 10, 2010
NJ
Got my ticket thanks to a friend via the Red Member presale. Also anyone buying them to flip them on the secondary market (where they can end up in Tico hands) is a total sack of crap.

Tough to re sell them when theres only a mobile ticket option though right?

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
USA 3

Tiny-island-nation-out-in-the-Atlantic-that-you-couldnt-find-on-the map-and-isnt-even-a-member-of-FIFA 2

201208051017370560944-p2.jpg

njdevils19

Jan 11, 2007
Northern NJ
USA 3

Tiny-island-nation-out-in-the-Atlantic-that-you-couldnt-find-on-the map-and-isnt-even-a-member-of-FIFA 2

201208051017370560944-p2.jpg

While Martinique got a little lucky on the second goal, they also could have had a few more before that. Not a great performance from the US. Not shocking that there isn't a ton of flow with so many new guys and the changes from game to game, but there are few sparks going on which I find the most frustrating.

This isn't going to be a potential World Cup starting roster, but you would like to see more glimpses from some of these guys.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
We had a starting lineup that featured freaking Juan Aguedelo. That's about as bad as you can get. And laugh if you will but I wouldn't be shocked in the least if Martinique got a result vs Panama. The real winners last night were some of their players who will soon be fielding calls from MLS, USL and NASL teams.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com

Tough to re sell them when theres only a mobile ticket option though right?

According to my buddy who copped me an AO ticket, he's not receiving his actual barcodes for entry until August 28.

The USSF is definitely trying to kill the secondary market on this one.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Leonardo Bonucci has moved from Juventus to AC Milan for 40 million. Juve turned down MUCH higher offers from Chelsea and Manchester City because his wife didn't want to leave Italy.

Leo had a fight with the coach in public last year and reports say during halftime of the Champions League Final he shoved Dybala and called him a P-word and they had to be separated.

Enjoy Milan you traitor... and enjoy Europa League and never winning another domestic cup/championship.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Thanks Matt Miazga!!! With the two penalty misses in the second half (by Dwyer and Corona respectively) that was nearly the most Metro moment in USMNT history.

Aug 10, 2010
NJ
Great win for the bulls last night, SJ was weak but the offense finally was clicking once veron came in. He needs more minutes!

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Heads up for anyone who is thinking of going to the Spurs-Roma match at RBA: The promoter is dumping unsold tickets on SeatGeek and StubHub for $32 including fees. Maybe it wasn't a smart idea to charge $60 for the cheapest box office ticket for this match.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
BTW don't forget that next Saturday is the ESC's annual Forza Lucha wrestling show. It's $10 And all the money goes to a local pediatric AIDS charity. Bell time is at 2PM. The building it is being held in is right next to the soccer fields in Harrison. I'm just sad I can't make it because I have to work until 12 and live too far away to get there to see any of it.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Somehow I'm fully expecting to be disappointed tonight.

It's kind of nice actually, because it's just gravy if they win.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Somehow I'm fully expecting to be disappointed tonight.

It's kind of nice actually, because it's just gravy if they win.
It does have 1-0 loss written all over it, particularly after that first half. God I hope I am wrong. We just seem to have a bunch of quadruple A players who make mistakes you can't make at this level.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Sick skill by Dempsey just on the controlled turn, then the pass between both defenders hitting Altidore in stride. Looked like PlayStation FIFA. Beautiful.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Awesome win, would love to see Jamaica knock off Mexico tomorrow night and we can get some revenge on Jamaica for the semifinal game from 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad