Google IT Certificate.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I was just wondering if anyone has used Google for their various certificates they offer and/or if you were looking to higher someone to an entry level work from home job if this would give them an edge over other applicants with basic entry level qualifications ?

Heard about this from other who don't work in that type of industry and to me it would seem "impressive", but that might just be because of brand recognition.

Got asked and I'm not into that field of work, though it's interesting to me. So, if you're in that field and you were tasked to higher someone and say that, would you be like "Heck yeah, you're hired, buddy", or just be like "meh"

And any leads to entry level work from home/Help desk jobs, so I can look better when passing off this information. I assume Bell, Rogers, etc for Canada.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
It really depends on the employer. Some want basic CompTIA certs like A+, Network+, Security+, etc. Some might want someone who shows an interest outside of their job like building a home lab. Some might just want someone who is teachable/sociable and will pay for whatever certs they want you to have to advance professionally. Some might want degrees whether it's an associates or bachelors. There is no one size fits all solution in the IT world. Best bet would be to combine as many of those things as possible. It can be tough getting your foot in the door.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad