Goodnow gonzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boilers*

Brewleaguer said:
OK life isn't all about money. Maybe, just maybe he loved the work, being that he's got a long standing tie to hockey, but felt it was time to move on...
But there you are celebrating it. Pathetic in every way.

Maybe just maybe Bob did zero for his pay, ever thought of that? YES! I'm playing the Smashing Pumpkins "Today is the Greatest!", over and over again and what a day it is!! My Bobby G. dart board needs replacing though.

Brewleaguer

Jan 31, 2005
Cawz said:
So if someone surrenders when all hope is lost, they are doing everyone a favor? You got some weird logic there son...

Well DAD he did what he had to do to get the game back on the ice.... but you pro-owners just don't see it that way, thats sad, and you call yourselves fans.

Brewleaguer

Jan 31, 2005
Bloodsport said:
Maybe just maybe Bob did zero for his pay, ever thought of that? YES! I'm playing the Smashing Pumpkins "Today is the Greatest!", over and over again and what a day it is!! My Bobby G. dart board needs replacing though.

Your just proving my point on this whole thing, Thanks!

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
Brewleaguer said:
Well DAD he did what he had to do to get the game back on the ice.... but you pro-owners just don't see it that way, thats sad, and you call yourselves fans.

Actually, he didn't do sh*t to get the game back on the ice. The progress only happened after he was pushed aside by Linden and the rest of the PA exec. If anyone gets the accolade of getting the game back on the ice, it is Linden or Saskin, but definitely not BG.

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
Brewleaguer said:

Umm, when the books come out and it's clear that since March BG was sidelined, and was against this deal and did everything in his limited powers to derail it and keep the game off ice for at least another year, would it be okay to quote you?

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Brewleaguer said:

There is no more 'pro owners' or 'pro players' only 'pro hockey'.

Time to cue up David Bowie and 'Let's Dance'. :)

Brewleaguer

Jan 31, 2005
Timmy said:
Umm, when the books come out and it's clear that since March BG was sidelined, and was against this deal and did everything in his limited powers to derail it and keep the game off ice for at least another year, would it be okay to quote you?

OH like Bettman was there too? You let me know IF that book ever comes out, OK?

Brewleaguer

Jan 31, 2005
Chili said:

Really, then why all the celebration hoppla over Goodenow stepping down. Sounds to me there are a lot of pro-owners hanging in there.

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
Brewleaguer said:
OH like Bettman was there too? You let me know IF that book ever comes out, OK?

I didn't realize Bettman was sidelined by the owners due to a major philosophical shift, and that he was against this CBA being signed.

My bad.

SuperUnknown

Mar 14, 2002
Visit site
Brewleaguer said:
Bold points note: Yes I am sure it will... Yes it is a compliment, I have no problem with giving credit were credit is do.....He didn't have to start this 2 years ago, a deal is a deal, IMHO Bettman shouldn't have caved in 10 years ago, to me it's was the match igniting the fuse..... And so did Goodenow THATS why he worked out this deal, to move on, for you, for me, players and the league.... But here we have a whole much of people (if that's what you want to call them) celebrating.... Sad to say the least.

Bettman didn't cave 10 years ago, the owners went against him to sign the agreement back then.

Brewleaguer

Jan 31, 2005
Timmy said:
I didn't realize Bettman was sidelined by the owners due to a major philosophical shift, and that he was against this CBA being signed.

My bad.

Did I say he was sidelined, but neither was Goodenow, they both weren’t sitting in during the meetings, but for sure both were being kept apprised of the day by day activities.

Don't beat yourself up over it, it's OK. :)

ResidentAlien*

Brewleaguer said:

Im with ya brew, course that a 25 cents will get ya a cup of coffee, but Im with ya

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
Chili said:

I think Goodenow is listening to Bowie's Man Who Sold The World (the Nirvana Verson) :)

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
Brewleaguer said:
OK life isn't all about money. Maybe, just maybe he loved the work, being that he's got a long standing tie to hockey, but felt it was time to move on...
But there you are celebrating it. Pathetic in every way.
I'm sure he will find some hockey related work, even if he doesn't has to take it.

Brewleaguer

Jan 31, 2005
ResidentAlien said:
Im with ya brew, course that a 25 cents will get ya a cup of coffee, but Im with ya
WOW didn't know we had someone with an opened mind to this coversation. Buy you a cup of joe?

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
Brewleaguer said:
If Bettman had gotten it right 10 years ago, this sh*t wouldn't have even taken place.

I can't stand Bettman
But is was because of Goodenow that Bettman couldnt have gotten it right 10 years ago. But Bettman did what he had to do to get the game back on the ice.... but you just don't see it that way, thats sad, and you call yourself a fan.

But seriously, what good has Goodenow done for the game of hockey? He made the players tons of money at the expense of the league (which was the whole reason for the labour dispute), but what good has he done for the fans?

Boilers*

The only thing that would've been better is to watch the players actually can the useless POS on live tv. God I would've given good coin to watch Bobby's head roll.

Brewleaguer

Jan 31, 2005
Cawz said:
But is was because of Goodenow that Bettman couldnt have gotten it right 10 years ago. But Bettman did what he had to do to get the game back on the ice.... but you just don't see it that way, thats sad, and you call yourself a fan.

But seriously, what good has Goodenow done for the game of hockey? He made the players tons of money at the expense of the league (which was the whole reason for the labour dispute), but what good has he done for the fans?

Let me ask you, what has Bettman done for the game of hockey?

But who cares, that arguement is water under the bridge, but most of you have lost the point of this convo.

Goodenow stepped down, people here are celebrating that he quit. Like I said earlier, I don't like Bettman, but I sure as heck wouldn't be coming here and celebrating that he is gone. That’s just low.

Hoss

Feb 21, 2005
After reading so many rabid responses to this transistion in power I have come to the conclusion that it's a good thing Goodenow is leaving for the fact it gives a visible scapegoat to those who cannot bring themselves to recognize Bettman's own culpability in the lost season.

Leafer4Life

Go Leafs Go!
Oct 4, 2002
Owen Sound,Ontario
www.facebook.com
Hoss said:
After reading so many rabid responses to this transistion in power I have come to the conclusion that it's a good thing Goodenow is leaving for the fact it gives a visible scapegoat to those who cannot bring themselves to recognize Bettman's own culpability in the lost season.

I want Bettman gone too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->