Goodenow's Second Letter To Bettman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
SENSfreak_03 said:
cant they just pick up the phone and talk, rather then sending letters back and forth? pretty childish..lol
no kidding .... its freakishly embaressing.

dr

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Goodenow's argument that Bettman's proposal is bad in that it only effects 9 teams is so irrational.

The difference between 42.5 and 49 can be significant when you consider the circumstances.

Many of those teams currently under 42.5 did so in anticipation of the new CBA, not as long term spending plans!

I'd put heavy money that a cap of 49 million would see at least 12-15 teams over 42.5, if not more. EASILY.

What an embarassment.

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
THIS IS FREAKING DEPRESSING.

these guys hate each other. We should go back to Bob and Ted and let them have another couple of days in Niagara with each other.

The 2 big guns are just going to argue tooth and nail to see who budges next. It`s all a ****ing joke to them.

NHLFanSince2020

What'd He Say?
Feb 22, 2003
Visit site
Reilly311 said:
I like how he uses the exclamation mark at the end of his last sentence. :lol
Ha.
He should have done this:
"I am at a loss to understand how you suggest your offer earlier today represents a $75 million dollar increase when it only impacts the spending of nine teams! :dunno: Love, BG"

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
CarlRacki said:
I've seen more mature exchanges between 8-year-olds than what these two clowns have come up with tonight.

Seriously... "Dear Gary, I do not like what you wrote. I don't want to be your friend anymore, my mom does not want me to talk to you anymore.

Sinceriously yours,
Bobby"

wtf is this

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
2. Based on your own calculations from Exhibit 12, over 21 Clubs are spending significantly less than your team payroll limit number of $42.5 million. I am at a loss to understand how you suggest your offer earlier today represents a $75 million dollar increase when it only impacts the spending of nine teams!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

The joke is on you Gary if you cancel the season.

AlexGodynyuk

Feb 3, 2005
This is absolutely amazing. Watching two grown men have a little slap fight in public. These 2 are acting like such children. Wow, way to market the sport to the public, like this won't make the NHL an even bigger laughing stock.
On a side note, it would rock if Gary ended his next letter with: PS. I slept with your wife

WickedBruinsGirl

May 1, 2003
Cambridge
Anybody else picturing Gary sitting at his computer/fax waiting for Bob's response? :joker: Because I just did and that would explain how he was so quick to respond with his last letter.

The only thing that matters right now is what happens between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.

Reilly311

I want to believe that TSN is just making these letters up. No way do these letters read like they were written by adults. Oh well.

Put Gary and Bob on the next Real World season.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
gbettman16: u r a homo
goodenowdaddy: s t f u

i expect something similar to be posted in the near future.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
i love how he signs it

"regards.."

my god, why bother with formal letters. have they not heard of a "phone" or a "meeting room" or even "email".

the part that is out of control is negotiating through the media like this, they should both be fired for embaressing their constituents.

dr

richardn

Mar 6, 2004
Sault Ste. Marie
Crows said:
The thing that disgusts me the most is that they put these public.

It almost seems like they are setting up an agreement.

Of course they are. Think of it as a poker hand. They are both trying to get the best deal for both sides. I would be absolutely amazed that they broke off all talks and Bettman cancelled the season now. This will not happen. Both parties are using the media as an attempt to gain leverage over the other for the last piece of pie in the 2.1 Billion dollar business.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Smail said:
Edit: How embarrassing is it that the NHLPA has to produce a 2nd letter in a row. Why? The 1st letter didn't have the impact you were looking for so you're trying again?

What are you talking about? Bettman responded to the PA's 1st letter and now Goodenow responded to the NHL's 2nd letter.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
go kim johnsson said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

The joke is on you Gary if you cancel the season.

No, it isn't. Goodenow knows better.

Either a last minute deal will be reached or this is one of the mose assanine things I've ever seen in sports.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
alexmorrison said:
This is absolutely amazing. Watching two grown men have a little slap fight in public. These 2 are acting like such children. Wow, way to market the sport to the public, like this won't make the NHL an even bigger laughing stock.
On a side note, it would rock if Gary ended his next letter with: PS. I slept with your wife

Actually, thats so true. These last 24 hrs have been so damaging its disgusting. The NHL is completely the laughing stock of the sports universe.

Reilly311

cassius said:
gbettman16: u r a homo
goodenowdaddy: s t f u

i expect something similar to be posted in the near future.

gbettman16: lol, Bob, your e-mail are teh funny
goodenowdaddy: OMG, Gary, I have to sign offline, my mom has to use the phone.
gbettman16: Ok Bob, Chat later k? :)

CarlRacki

Feb 9, 2004
no13matssundin said:
Actually, thats so true. These last 24 hrs have been so damaging its disgusting. The NHL is completely the laughing stock of the sports universe.

True, but that was the case long before the last 24 hours.

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Thunderstruck said:
Gary will let them sweat. No new offer from the owners.

We'll see what the PA has to say once they see the owners mean by "final offer"!

The NHL will have to move off of the 42.5 at some point to get it done. Will they do it in the next hour or at 8am?

Neither of these 2 can stay up all night waiting for the other guy and still negotiate and function properly tomorrow morning... when the deal get done if ever. Their "talk" never dragged on past 1am. Idon`t think this stuff will last till 3 or 4 either.

Either Bettman acts now or he`ll wait it out until he wakes up the next morning. Either way I hate both of these guys more than I did an hour ago.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
ODC said:
Which one of them will begin the flaming ?

"OMFG 49M LOLLERSKATEZ. BOB = PWNED !"

"ROFLEZZ 42.5. NO AIMBOT HERE GARY you N00B."
Hahahaha, thanx for the laugh.. i went back 4 years ago.
Damn time goes fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->