Goodenow's Second Letter To Bettman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crows*

IT'S OVER.. THE SKY IS FALLING.,.. OHH MY GOD.... IT'S OVER ARMAGEDDON...

Blah blah.

They both said they wouldnt contact each other over last weekend as well.

Ol' Dirty Chinaman*

Which one of them will begin the flaming ?

"OMFG 49M LOLLERSKATEZ. BOB = PWNED !"

"ROFLEZZ 42.5. NO AIMBOT HERE GARY you N00B."

Balej20*

Gary has to fire back with the spending gap argument. The spending gap would still be HUGE with a $49 million cap. Teams can barely get to 30 Million.

Crows*

The thing that disgusts me the most is that they put these public.

It almost seems like they are setting up an agreement.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Drury_Sakic said:
its now up to the NHL to make a move

even if its just a move of 1-2 million.. it might actually be enough..

Come on Gary..

Give us a friggen bone! :shakehead
I have no respect for either side if this doesn't get done. Not that I had much to begin with but geez. If they can't work it out in time from here then they are equally to blame. Its very simple, take the 49 mill cap and add anther luxury tax threshold at 42.5 and sign on the dotted line. Thats compromise. Thats fair.

Crows*

Making these letters public at 12:30 EST on the eve of a possible deal makes no sense. Somethin smells of fish.

SENSible1*

Gary will let them sweat. No new offer from the owners.

We'll see what the PA has to say once they see the owners mean by "final offer"!

SuperUnknown

Mar 14, 2002
Visit site
LOL...

This ain't a letter, it's a press release... The NHLPA is really desperate. :shakehead

Edit: How embarrassing is it that the NHLPA has to produce a 2nd letter in a row. Why? The 1st letter didn't have the impact you were looking for so you're trying again?

Reilly311

I like how he uses the exclamation mark at the end of his last sentence. :lol

oh, and this is the most embaressing "negotiations" I have ever seen. If either of these two were serious or cared, they'd be meeting right now regardless of time.

HotToddy

Aug 2, 2002
Visit site
This is theatre for the owners and players who want to see every knuckle scratched. This deal is done. It might take a cancellation tommorow followed by a rebirth in the evening, but they are just putting on a show right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->