Goodenow & Frost

Status
Not open for further replies.

YellHockey*

There's been a lot of accusations about Goodenow being a good friend of David Frost but what substantial evidence is there of this?

I know I've read somewhere that Frost coached Goodenow's kid in minor hockey. But why do people think that Goodenow even likes Frost, much less is friends with him.

Has anyone in the media other then Steve Simmons actually reported anything connecting Goodenow and Frost?

transplant99

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I realize you want Goodenow to be some lilly-white, goody two-shoes, so you can honestly go on thinking he has done nothing but good for the game of hockey and its players.

Fact is, he has associated himself with David Frost for many years, which in of itself is no problem, but the fact he de-certifies some guys for speaking their minds about the current climate, while keeping Frost in good standing, allows for many to question his exact motives.

Lots of ties between the two...

Dinner with David

This as well...

Frost was granted certification by the NHLPA as a player agent in 2002, despite his well-known checkered past. By then, he had already been suspended as a coach by the Greater Toronto Hockey League for allegedly forging signatures on player release forms, and deemed persona non grata by the Ontario Hockey Association. In addition, he pleaded guilty to assaulting one of his former junior players in connection with a 1997 incident during a game.

The players' association has never offered an explanation of how Frost came to be one of about 200 accredited agents, its officials declining comment because of the court case and describing the certification process as an internal one.

Goodenow and Frost have ties that go back to the 1995-96 hockey season, when Frost coached the Toronto Young Nationals bantam team on which Goodenow's son, Joey, was a player.

As The Globe reported last month, Goodenow was considered an unofficial assistant coach of the team, and was often on the ice during practices and in the dressing room after games

Ties that bind

None of this from Steve Simmons BTW.

YellHockey*

transplant99 said:
I realize you want Goodenow to be some lilly-white, goody two-shoes, so you can honestly go on thinking he has done nothing but good for the game of hockey and its players.

I know he's not a lily-white, goody two-shoes. I've heard first hand accounts of what he's like from people who've worked at the NHLPA.

I just wanted to know exactly what connections the two had. There were plenty of rumours flying around about it and I wanted clarification.

Fact is, he has associated himself with David Frost for many years

From the link you've provided me, he appears to have worked with Frost at the minor hockey league level years before Frost was even known as an unsavoury character and he had dinner with him once along with a player.

which in of itself is no problem, but the fact he de-certifies some guys for speaking their minds about the current climate, while keeping Frost in good standing, allows for many to question his exact motives.

Who has he decertified for speaking their minds?

And what basis would Goodenow have for decertifying Frost? Nothing has been proven against Frost. Goodenow would be opening up the NHLPA for legal action if he decertified Frost without cause.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
BlackRedGold said:
And what basis would Goodenow have for decertifying Frost? Nothing has been proven against Frost. Goodenow would be opening up the NHLPA for legal action if he decertified Frost without cause.

He has gotten into fights at Junior games over the use of his players. The result has been him removed from buildings and never allowed to be associated with the league again

Its documented, its a fact. That alone qualifies him to lose his PA ability.

the next question i have is, how would Frost have a case? He would open himself up to having EVERYTHING about his past exposed. It goes both ways. You has more to lose, Frost or the NHLPA?

Bicycle Repairman

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
LOL, McBride was just an honest, neophyte agent who spoke his mind? The guy worked in NHL Head Office for ten years. He knows the score.

He breached security and leaked confidential information.

He was probably a plant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad