GOODBYE GREATNESS: 10 FRANCHISE LEGENDS WHO FINISHED THEIR CAREERS WITH ANOTHER NHL TEAM

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
They were pretty much all legends elsewhere and has-beens here. Only Messier and to a lesser extent Jagr escaped that category. The worst part was the Rangers rarely picked these guys up for nothing, Lafleur being the exception.

Reactions: CasusBelli

battlehim

Jan 6, 2012
I just noticed in that clip that there was a Ranger with the name Lafreniere. Now I see that Alexis Lafreniere's dad was a Ranger (Jason) for a little bit. Fun fact.
Edit: Woah. Now I see that Jason Lafreniere's dad was also an NHLer:

Roger Joseph Lafrenière (b. July 24, 1942 in Montreal, Quebec - d. June 22, 2009) was a professional ice hockey defenceman who played 13 games in the National Hockey League (NHL) with the Detroit Red Wings and St. Louis Blues.[1] Roger is the father of NHL player Jason Lafreniere.

So when Alexis makes it to the NHL, could this be the first grandfather-father-son to have played in the NHL or any pro sport?

Reactions: RangersFan1994

ScottishRocket

Apr 14, 2020
I just noticed in that clip that there was a Ranger with the name Lafreniere. Now I see that Alexis Lafreniere's dad was a Ranger (Jason) for a little bit. Fun fact.

Roger Joseph Lafrenière (b. July 24, 1942 in Montreal, Quebec - d. June 22, 2009) was a professional ice hockey defenceman who played 13 games in the National Hockey League (NHL) with the Detroit Red Wings and St. Louis Blues.[1] Roger is the father of NHL player Jason Lafreniere.

So when Alexis makes it to the NHL, could this be the first grandfather-father-son to have played in the NHL or any pro sport?

Can anyone confirm if alexis is related to roger and jason?

Jason played briefly in Scotland with edinburgh caps. So i just wondered

As for generations of sportsmen there has been quite a few father/son combos, even playing at same time. And a few grandad, dad, son in professional football (soccer) already.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005

I learned from watching Cars 4000 times with my daughter that the Petty family had 4 generations of racers, if you consider racing a sport.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

Lester Patrick played for what is considered major pro hockey leagues of early hockey history, competitors with the predecessors to the NHL. Technically, he played in 1 regular season NHL game and 1 playoff NHL game as well.
Lynn Patrick played for the Rangers
Craig Patrick played for 4 NHL teams

Bryan-Bryan Jr-Ron Hextall
Bernie-Dan-Blake Geoffrion (also, Dan's mother was the daughter of Howie Morenz)
Jerry-Carey-Colin Wilson

The Hextalls are the only NHL family to each play more than 100 games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Harbour Dog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad