Goodbye and thank you, James Neal

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Thanks for being exactly as advertised, James. Scored some gigantic goals early in the season to get the momentum rolling. Was a good soldier, honest enough that he didn’t pretend like he was committed to Vegas. Glad we’re losing a 2RW instead of the 1RW I thought he’d be.

He looks a bit brittle, and is on the back 9 of his career. Looks like he did what was best for him, but us as well.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I pretty much hated Neal before becoming a Knight. Still don't like him much, but I am thankful for the big goals he scored for us this past year. Thrilled GMGM didn't give him this kind of deal. 5 years at that money is a lot for a 50 point player that isn't a two way player.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

ronthemailman

Oct 23, 2016
Las Vegas
Thought they would up the ante with Perron gone to keep Neal, but 5 year, $28.75 million too much to pass up..lots of jerseys now obsolete at T-Mobile

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
Yeah, he was a gamer. Will be missed. But he's been hurt quite a bit in the last two years and that's not going to improve with age. I totally get why GMGM passed.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Yeah, he was a gamer. Will be missed. But he's been hurt quite a bit in the last two years and that's not going to improve with age. I totally get why GMGM passed.

the Knights seemed to have had a lot of concussions down the stretch and in the playoffs...not that the information would get out...

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
He's more like a 25 goal, 46 point forward who plays 71 games a year and doesn't bring you much else at this point. That's what you can feel comfortable expecting. At least for the next 2-3 years, after that not sure.

He also gets that many points by being put in many advantageous positions.

I really think Tatar could give us those 46 points if given the opportunities Neal was given and he's a little cheaper, younger, does more outside of points, has played at least 80 games more often and is signed for less years.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
He's more like a 25 goal, 46 point forward who plays 71 games a year and doesn't bring you much else at this point. That's what you can feel comfortable expecting. At least for the next 2-3 years, after that not sure.

He also gets that many points by being put in many advantageous positions.

I really think Tatar could give us those 46 points if given the opportunities Neal was given and he's a little cheaper, younger, does more outside of points, has played at least 80 games more often and is signed for less years.

Not sure if Haula is willing to give him a second line spot without a fist-fight, if you know what I mean eheehee!

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
He was one of my favorite VGK players. Seemed like he could always score the timely goal when we needed it most. Best of luck to the Real Deal in Calgary!

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Not sure if Haula is willing to give him a second line spot without a fist-fight, if you know what I mean eheehee!

Haha Well that does create a good problem for Vegas to have! Too many top 6 forwards fighting for positions.

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
Neal's game isn't going to age well. Glad Vegas let him and Perron go. Need to keep moving forward and not getting too sentimentally attached to declining players. *Looking at you, Reaves*

Reactions: Pirate Deadpool

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Neal's game isn't going to age well. Glad Vegas let him and Perron go. Need to keep moving forward and not getting too sentimentally attached to declining players. *Looking at you, Reaves*

All Neal needs is space. He's got quick silky mitts. I still can't believe the open net goal he missed in game 4 finals. He's tough to take the puck from too. Speed in open ice and bad stick discipline is what gets him in trouble sometimes.

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
All Neal needs is space. He's got quick silky mitts. I still can't believe the open net goal he missed in game 4 finals. He's tough to take the puck from too. Speed in open ice and bad stick discipline is what gets him in trouble sometimes.
When the speed goes, so does the space. Happens with every "just fast enough" sniper in the league.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
He was one of my favorite VGK players. Seemed like he could always score the timely goal when we needed it most. Best of luck to the Real Deal in Calgary!

He was one of my least favorite stars of the team, to be completely honest.You watch guys like the first line, Haula, Shea, give it everything they've got every second on the ice, and he seemed to just be kind of there sometimes, especially in the defensive zone. His skills got him through, but a 200 foot team needs 200 foot players.

I liked Perron a lot more, but it was ckear he wasn't the same after returning from injury.

Reactions: Supermassive

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
He was one of my least favorite stars of the team, to be completely honest.You watch guys like the first line, Haula, Shea, give it everything they've got every second on the ice, and he seemed to just be kind of there sometimes, especially in the defensive zone. His skills got him through, but a 200 foot team needs 200 foot players.

I liked Perron a lot more, but it was ckear he wasn't the same after returning from injury.

Can't say I blame yah and Neal was a huge defensive liability. Still, he was the face of the franchise in our beginning so there will always be some sentimentality for me there. Plus he was that guy who you knew could get a shot when we absolutely had to have one. Too bad his one skill left him in the SCF though.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
When the speed goes, so does the space. Happens with every "just fast enough" sniper in the league.

He didn't need much room. He had the quickest release on the team by a mile and he played up close most of the time getting greasy goals. Something Tuch really needs to work on more with that big frame of his. Reilly Smith and Wild Bill are both players that needed speed most of the time to get a breakaway goal or one of them would create a lot of space then fire a cross crease pass to the other.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Never expected him to stick around, and tbh I am glad they didn't pony up a five year deal for a dude in his thirties. But that said best of luck to the Real Deal and family, and thanks for a great season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad