Good Times Rangers/Flyers

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Big Behn got Beck and cut him pretty good to in that fight. Bubba never went after Wilson again.[/QUOTE He should have beat Beck easily by that time ...Beck already done the wrestling thing with Holmgren who wanted no part of him . EJ cleaned the clown Barnes even while taking a Wilson cheap shot slash . Wilson had lots of chances to jump in and go with earlier on in the scuffle...but choose to circle around the outside of the circle before he go the slash in on EJ . It is too bad though Bubba had the bad back for so many years....he would have ended a few Flyer careers early in all probability . He was so strong !!! Wilson was no slouch...big guy and tough for sure . Did not do very well against a couple of guys back then. Beaton was obviously scared of him...and the size mismatch too...If Vic Hadfield had not of had a busted hand he would have helped Rolfe .
LOL....I also remember the time Colton Orr ended the career of a Flyer . I don't remember a Flyer jumping in on that one either...it happens !!!

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
LOL....I also remember the time Colton Orr ended the career of a Flyer . I don't remember a Flyer jumping in on that one either...it happens !!!

That didn't end Fedoruks career. He played another 5 years or so.

Behn Wilson was a lot better fighter than Beck was. Beck was more of a wrestler who never really best up anyone. Wilson's top 5 all time.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey

Behn Wilson was a lot better fighter than Beck was. Beck was more of a wrestler who never really best up anyone. Wilson's top 5 all time.
Behn's rookie season he took on all the heavy weights. He was just one mean fighter.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Get your facts straight before you try a come back.
Not sure what you think I got wrong ? After that Fedoruk was cooked and everybody knew he was walking dead until he retired and I don't see any other scrums that followed . Feel free to enlighten me if you wish. LOL...don't get to defensive...I was not attempting a comeback . I did not know it was a contest LOL....I was just showing you that lots of times guys get beaten to a pulp and nobody jumps in . Pretty clear to me. Have a fine day.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada

Wilson at #5 is certainly subject to debate . Most Flyer fans likely have him at 5 .....LOL...

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Not one ranger came to help their team mate who got killed. The Flyers always said that was the point they knew they had the series won.
Well since ...there seems to be sticking point about FACTS...Rolfe came back after his major and finished that game....so apparently he was not " killed" . LOL....just saying ....

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Not one ranger came to help their team mate who got killed. The Flyers always said that was the point they knew they had the series won.

This was complicated and I think the legend distorted the facts over time. Rangers couldn’t come to his aid because it was game 7 of the semi finals. Rangers were behind by 2 goals at the time of Rolfe Schultz fight but the Rangers actually played better after this fight and closed the score to a one goal game late. The Rangers were charging and if not for a too many men on the ice penalty with the extra attacker they could have tied it. I know a Flyer (Clark) was quoted in the documentary saying we new we had them but that was just probably for dramatic effect imo. Schultz refuted that years later and said it didn’t have an impact on the game.

Schultz admitted 10 years ago In an interview he regretted this fight. He said Rolfe didn’t deserve it. Rolfe was older and a non fighter so he was pretty defenseless. Even back then there was a code and this was a breach. Schultz was intense and it was a tough era but he usually fought tough guys and I think that’s why he had remorse over this event after his career.

Last edited:

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
This was complicated and I think the legend distorted the facts over time. Rangers couldn’t come to his aid because it was game 7 of the semi finals. Rangers were behind by 2 goals at the time of Rolfe Schultz fight but the Rangers actually played better after this fight and closed the score to a one goal game late. The Rangers were charging and if not for a too many men on the ice penalty with the extra attacker they could have tied it. I know a Flyer (Clark) was quoted in the documentary saying we new we had them but that was just probably for dramatic effect imo. Schultz refuted that years later and said it didn’t have an impact on the game.

Schultz admitted 10 years ago In an interview he regretted this fight. He said Rolfe didn’t deserve it. Rolfe was older and a non fighter so he was pretty defenseless. Even back then there was a code and this was a breach. Schultz was intense and it was a tough era but he usually fought tough guys and I think that’s why he had remorse over this event after his career.
Well I saw the game live and back in the day you came to the aide of a team mate no matter what the score was, we all could not believe no one helped Rolfe out and no matter what the score was at the end. We knew the rangers were done. My friend was in the locker room taking pics after the game ( RIP Jack) and there was no remorse in the Hammer then. Years later he changed his tune a lot about the way he was used but not back then. Whatever Bobby Clarke said you could take it to the bank.

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
Gee, could Johnstone pick on a different player then Norm Barnes. Barnes fought 7 times in his career, while Johnstone fought 28 times. Barnes wasn't a fighter. I noticed he didn't go after Kelly, Bridgeman, Wilson or Homer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad