Post-Game Talk: Good second half effort but Jets lose 3-1

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I mentioned earlier it may be seen as a hit from behind.....no sense debating will find out tomorrow

It was shoulder on shoulder. Remember that hit on Kulikov with a five minute major? That was pretty bad hit. No hearing. This was just a hockey play no foul.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
So just so we're clear, instead of the much talked about "fact" that Hutch screamed "f*** off" at Maurice for getting pulled/pulling himself, instead he was really upset to be leaving the game cause the concussion spotter forced him out. So yeah the "terrible attitude" crap was unfounded and just based on people's biases rather than in reality.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Hellebuyck was dialed in and unbeatable.

I still do not blame that loss on Hutch as it was more defensive breakdowns on two shorties.
Well, two of the goals looked like what Helle would save normally. But sure, at least no way to blame only Hutch in even those goals. The powerplay was absolutely putrid.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
A horrible thought struck me just yesterday, and I definitely hope I’m worrying for nothing. But what if the Jets having so much of injury problems has after all to do with the playing style and the coaching? The last two seasons have at least been disasters injury-wise. How is it with all the other seasons that Maurice has coached as a head coach? What kind of amounts of injuries his teams have had in average and compared to other teams in the league?

Of course all this could very well be just bad luck, but would be still interesting to know a bit better about it.

Last edited:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Well, two of the goals looked like what Helle would save normally. But sure, at least no way to blame only Hutch in even those goals. The powerplay was absolutely putrid.

Too bad the concussion spotter didn't speak up sooner
He was leaving gaping wide open net in those goals. He was off his game.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Preds are an exceptionally good team. They are not being given enough credit here.
Sure, they are terrific. No doubt. I think they should have thumped the Jets, given how short-handed the Jets were, on a back-to-back, and at the end of a 6-game road trip. I was very surprised that they let the Jets make the game a bit competitive in the 2nd and 3rd periods.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Good gritty finish by the Jets. I think Copp may really come alive in a playoff series. Saw some positives tonight.

Looks like Comrie is going to get a game or two down the stretch.
Copp === "Junkyard Dog".

I think he's going to be one of those playoff warrior types. Really love his game and attitude. He's a big body and he can skate all night. He and Lowry are going to be miserable to play against in the playoffs.

Insthofen

Dec 2, 2016
Just watched the highlights, missed the game.

Preds defenders are superb, and they utilize them so well in the offensive zone. Great team. We are a bit behind them even when healthy, I suspect.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
We will go on...

Never fear...

celine-dion-my-heart-will-go-on.gif

We will continue...

To eat popcorn...

64e318203762d9c03a00a0c16ed00e2d.jpg

popcorn-yes.gif

Loved the push back after the disastrous start.

Onto the next game. Would be nice if we stopped getting injured. kthnxbai.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
Gritty effort.

Still, I need to call Myers out for a horrendous game. Hard to imagine a D playing a period as bad as he did in the he 1st. He's obviously getting way too much icetime. At least take him off the PP.

Love Buff.

Morrissey with a great game, again.
You can dislike his ES play all you want, but he is actually good on the PP, so why would you take him off of it?

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
You can dislike his ES play all you want, but he is actually good on the PP, so why would you take him off of it?

This. So far Myers has been the best Jet d-man on PP.

I have liked Byfuglien so much this year, but still not on PP. He is not great at PP anymore. His shot is not a weapon anymore and he takes way too much time to pass so that the opportunity was lost already.

Reactions: Ippenator

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Copp === "Junkyard Dog".

I think he's going to be one of those playoff warrior types. Really love his game and attitude. He's a big body and he can skate all night. He and Lowry are going to be miserable to play against in the playoffs.

If in the past Lowry and Little were the most underrated Jets last season, I think Copp is the one today. I also think that PoMo should have had Copp to play with E+L in the absense of Stastny to spread the offensive talent as ECL did great for their 5 or so games.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Sure, they are terrific. No doubt. I think they should have thumped the Jets, given how short-handed the Jets were, on a back-to-back, and at the end of a 6-game road trip. I was very surprised that they let the Jets make the game a bit competitive in the 2nd and 3rd periods.
I think it would have been ugly had the concussion spotter not pulled Hutch from the game . I don't think Maurice wanted Helly to play in this game .

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
So just so we're clear, instead of the much talked about "fact" that Hutch screamed "**** off" at Maurice for getting pulled/pulling himself, instead he was really upset to be leaving the game cause the concussion spotter forced him out. So yeah the "terrible attitude" crap was unfounded and just based on people's biases rather than in reality.
Yep. And just as unfounded as the speculation that Maurice's ego got the best of him and that he was recklessly risking Helly. Both come directly from people's biases.

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
TSN made it sound like it was the “NHL Concussion Spotter”, I believe Maurice said it was the Jets trainer who made the call in his post game interview.

Seems to me that there is gonna be further fall out on this, especially the way Hutch was reacting.

Just my 2 cents.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015

So, congrats to the Preds for beating a team missing six of its 18 starters, on the second half of a back-to-back. They needed to win this game, and they did. They should have won this game, and they did. I didn't watch the game, but I'd like to say **** you Nashville. Hopefully Stastny isn't out long. Did they happen to at least allude to his injury?

That’s EXACTLY why Little has been targeted.
The ONLY starting center not officially injured

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
This. So far Myers has been the best Jet d-man on PP.

I have liked Byfuglien so much this year, but still not on PP. He is not great at PP anymore. His shot is not a weapon anymore and he takes way too much time to pass so that the opportunity was lost already.
Let me get this straight. Buff has been to slow to move the puck on the PP, but you love Myers.

Is that what I read?

Reactions: FFHockey

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Like the way they showed some jam when it was looking like they were going to get run out of the rink. Showing they won't be anybody's doormat is a good sign.

Maurice has to be happy with how they responded. When healthy they are going to be a bitch to play against in the playoffs. They have all the elements.

Reactions: kanadalainen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad