Post-Game Talk: Good second half effort but Jets lose 3-1

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Hey just read jarnkrok left in a sling.
Wonder if copp is going to get a hearing

It didn't look too bad, hit from the side. Can't really afford to lose another body, especially a C. We owe Chicago a beating this season so hopefully guys are back for the home stand.

kaptaink

Apr 26, 2017
Took a bit of effort to not post in their GDT. How nice of them to say that we think we'll sweep Nashville in the playoffs. Only the most homer of fans would think that. I personally want no part of Nashville in the first round because I hate playing that team. They almost always have the Jets number. I can't think of a team I want to face even less than the Preds, except the Ducks. The two of them can meet up and beat up each other in the 1st round.

Lol the ducks are always brutally tough in the playoffs

kaptaink

Apr 26, 2017
It didn't look too bad, hit from the side. Can't really afford to lose another body, especially a C. We owe Chicago a beating this season so hopefully guys are back for the home stand.

Yeah you just never know with the league
I can see a little late and or little behind......will find out soon

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
An explanation is not automatically an excuse, and thinking that every game is winnable through sheer force of will alone only leads to disappointment.
I think this is a good discrepancy between media talking points (they wanted it more) and the reality of how one team schemes against another. One player can look terrible, not because they weren't trying hard enough, but because of the execution of the other team.

Last edited:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Yeah you just never know with the league
I can see a little late and or little behind......will find out soon

It was a bit late, so there's a possibility. I didn't see it as being from behind but Jarnkrok wasn't expecting it.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Hey just read jarnkrok left in a sling.
Wonder if copp is going to get a hearing

Good, let the Preds deal with some adversity. Just because a player was injured there doesn't have to be a hearing. It wasn't even a penalty

Reactions: FFHockey

kaptaink

Apr 26, 2017
Good, let the Preds deal with some adversity. Just because a player was injured there doesn't have to be a hearing. It wasn't even a penalty

You are absolutely right.. no penalty called on the ice..........But sometime the league experts decide to have a hearing anyway. Happens often

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Need the whole gang back soon! :(

Copp Lowry Tanev 4th line
Kulikov and Myers as 3rd pairing.

Our Jets is a contender....

Captain Wheeler is getting tired.
Hope he has enough for the playoff.

Reactions: Mud Turtle

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
You are absolutely right.. no penalty called on the ice..........But sometime the league experts decide to have a hearing anyway. Happens often

There was no penalty because none was deserved. There will be no hearing. There was nothing wrong with the hit.

Reactions: Jimby

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Can hardly wait to win some games in the playoffs. Sick as **** with the other teams fans on here all “oh win a game them talk” like we don’t have talent. Boils my potatoes.

Who cares what others say?

I want to win series (plural) couldn't care less what anyone else thinks. Winning a game means nothing.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Just sick of hearing it. I’m not the only one.

Your family says this to you? Your neighbours? I have never ever had anyone say this to me.

I have read a few people here on this forum who think it means something. Not sure what winning a game means. I'd be disappointed if it wasn't four.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Good game except for the first.

All in all I think we got into there head tonight. A lot of pred players shaking there head after being shutout by helley.

Before this game I was a little worried about the playoffs with refs not calling it tight. After today’s game I’m thinking it will be fine.

Were definitely in there heads
Yep and Pate chirpin a buncha perds all night. We definitely sent a message tonite. If these teams meet, it'll be a bloodbath.

kaptaink

Apr 26, 2017
What was the suspendable offence? It wasn't a hit from behind and it wasn't a hit to the head. What would he be suspended for exactly?

I mentioned earlier it may be seen as a hit from behind.....no sense debating will find out tomorrow

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
Your family says this to you? Your neighbours? I have never ever had anyone say this to me.

I have read a few people here on this forum who think it means something. Not sure what winning a game means. I'd be disappointed if it wasn't four.

Oh I’m certain it will be more than one game that’s my point. It’s irritating that some don’t think we have a team or use throwback Thrasher references to diminish what we have here. I’m not making a federal case about it, it’s just irritating. And my family cheers for the Jets, obvi.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Laine had a chance to KO Subban with his head down tonight. A little surprised he passed that one up, went for the puck instead. I doubt PK will be so kind if he gets one.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Hutch has to save at least 1 of the 2 shorthanded goals , i might be in the minority here but i just have no confidence in Hutch . Mason needs to get healthy fast along with the half of our team that isn't hurt . What awful refing , don't think it's a coincidence that we are 1 and 9 with that ref tonight , hope he doesn't do any of our playoff games .
Yeah he shoulda had one of them. I don't blame him for the loss. We get Comrie now

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
What was the suspendable offence? It wasn't a hit from behind and it wasn't a hit to the head. What would he be suspended for exactly?
If everyone who ended up causing injury to another player was suspended, we’d have no teams left to play against. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad