Post-Game Talk: Good second half effort but Jets lose 3-1

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I'm not worried about the Jets play ... it's the refs that have me worried. Canadian teams seem to get shafted by the NHL all the time to sell the product to the US.

Reactions: Robinson2187

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
All in all a good result for the road trip. We play 8 of our last 12 games at home with a 7 point lead on 3rd and 10 point lead on the 1st Wild card spot. If as expected we get most of the injured guys back over the next couple weeks I think we go into the playoffs ready for anyone.

We got Chicago and Dallas next, I expect 2 wins injured or not, Chicago is done and we own Dallas, considering the circumstances this was a great road trip and we are still in great shape standings wise.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Jets lose the first 10 minutes 3-0 and then win the next 50 minutes 1-0. That's the silver lining from tonight.

I'm worried about Stastny. Seems minor but also looked like groin (purely my speculation based on how he was moving) and these injuries can be hard to beat.

A healthy Jets team can take down these Preds. But when will that finally happen? If ever.

Or when will this nasty bout with the injury bug hit Nashville. Can someone with the Jets please leave that little pest in the Predators locker room so he can run rampant through their team for a change.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Hutch has to save at least 1 of the 2 shorthanded goals , i might be in the minority here but i just have no confidence in Hutch . Mason needs to get healthy fast along with the half of our team that isn't hurt . What awful refing , don't think it's a coincidence that we are 1 and 9 with that ref tonight , hope he doesn't do any of our playoff games .

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
We played two good "Jets style" periods. The first 10 minutes of the first was horrid but we gutted this out with @ 60% power. I like the guts this team shows, despite the odds.

I really don't like Subban, at all.

Helle really showed tonight why he is considered among the best in the league.

Laine came oh so close to a goal....

Bring on the Hawks.​

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Gritty effort.

Still, I need to call Myers out for a horrendous game. Hard to imagine a D playing a period as bad as he did in the he 1st. He's obviously getting way too much icetime. At least take him off the PP.

Love Buff.

Morrissey with a great game, again.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Player post-game audio: Wheeler, Perreault and Byfuglien.

Coach Maurice post-game scrum topics: Thoughts on tonight's game. On how shorthanded the club is but the team making a game of it. Status of Stastny and Hutchinson? On the exchange between Hutchinson and the bench. Who pulled Hutchinson? Was Hutchinson ok being pulled? Was it a result of when his mask got knocked off? With Stastny was it something bothering him or out of the blue? On activating Matthias. Any reason Matthias didn't take warmup? Any news on Kulikov? Too early to know if they will need Comrie for Thursday? What went wrong on the power play with the two shorthanded goals? Overall road trip thoughts.

To listen click here.

Reactions: Afterburner

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
We got Chicago and Dallas next, I expect 2 wins injured or not, Chicago is done and we own Dallas, considering the circumstances this was a great road trip and we are still in great shape standings wise.
I think you see a pretty quick influx of players back in the lineup over the next couple games. Scheifele and Trouba for sure.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Good gritty finish by the Jets. I think Copp may really come alive in a playoff series. Saw some positives tonight.

Looks like Comrie is going to get a game or two down the stretch.

Reactions: sipowicz

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
God mode: Helle
Dominant: Laine, Ehlers
Solid: Buff, Chiarot, Copp, Connor, Morrissey
Acceptable: Wheeler, Morrow
Underwhelming: Perreault, Little, Roslovic, Matthias,
Terrible: Armia, Tanev, Hutch
Invisible: the players I forgot about

Wtf: Myers

Reactions: Jets 31

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
I really hope we face Nashville in the playoffs. It would be an outstanding series. Both are young, well built teams with talent at every position. I'm looking forward to the rivalry in the foreseeable future and hope both fan bases can get past the pettiness and appreciate the other team for how good they are. It could become the best rivalry in the NHL.

kaptaink

Apr 26, 2017
Yeah....lets not get too cocky
Remember the preds were in the same spot last year losing a lot of starters and went to game 6 of the finals. They have a little playoff experience advantage over this jets team. If they meet 2nd round even will all starters will be tough series. But good on the jets for not rolling over after b2b shorties

Would love to see how well the Preds play with the equivalent of the Jets injuries.

So basically take these players out of their lineup.

Johansen
Turris
Bonino
Fisher
Josi
Ekholm
Emelin

Reactions: Ippenator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad