Post-Game Talk: Good second half effort but Jets lose 3-1

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I liked how we fought back, the team doesn't quit even when dealing with some numbers.

I felt bad for Hutch, not really his fault.

Helle was excellent.

Ehlers, Laine, Morrissey, Copp, Conner where all really strong.

Little, Perrault and Wheeler where all solid.

Second night in a row where Buff and Chariot got shredded in the shot metrics and scoring chance charts. We need both Trouba and Toby back badly. Myers was a mess with the puck yet again, he struggles mightily against team that make him move the puck quickly.

Bottom pairing played a real nice game as well.

PP was awful., given how awful Myers has been lately it Moe really should have altered it.

Reactions: Sixty Minute Man

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Hellebuyck was dialed in and unbeatable.

I still do not blame that loss on Hutch as it was more defensive breakdowns on two shorties.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
A50DV7c.gif

Through a season we are going to face unwanted tough times, and I think Bret Michaels captured the essence of that devastating feeling perfectly when he penned the eponymous lyrics below
lUq4LJl.gif

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Honestly the preds can’t be happy with this win considering the team we iced.
If the Jets were playing a team with 7 starters out injured and on the 2nd night of a back to back at the end of a 6 game road trip and got outplayed for the last 40 minutes, everyone here would be infuriated.

The start of the game was baddd but after the amount of effort I saw in the final two periods by this team to try and battle back, I refuse to be disheartened. 7 f****** starters out injured, and we hung with a cup favourite for the rest of the game and made them sweat.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Top team, on the Road, injured, second night of a road back to back....meh. Move onto the next one.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Pretty much taking only positives tonight. One hell of a battle by a injured and tired team. We have a goalie that I absolutely trust to give us all star caliber goaltending throughout the playoffs. Our injury situation is such that it is very reasonable to expect just about everyone back in time for the playoffs. Soak up the adversity as this is just a drop in the bucket compared to what they will need to play through in the playoffs.

MotionlessGravity

Apr 15, 2014
Winnipeg
Horrendous but expected first period all things considered. Everytime I watch a Nashville game I can believe the crap that they get away with. I watch a lot of games and I can't recall anything coming close to the last few Nashville games in terms of dirtiness.

This game just reinforces how good Helle is. He stabilizes the whole team. Fantastic showing coming off the bench after playing last night.

Good push back in the second half but at the end of the day we looked like a team at the end of a road trip, on a back to back, with a ton of injures.

They actually made it somewhat watchable down the stretch so that is nice.

Can't wait to get some of those major pieces back into the lineup and start looking like the Jets we have come to expect this season.

Reactions: GNP

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Jets lose the first 10 minutes 3-0 and then win the next 50 minutes 1-0. That's the silver lining from tonight.

I'm worried about Stastny. Seems minor but also looked like groin (purely my speculation based on how he was moving) and these injuries can be hard to beat.

A healthy Jets team can take down these Preds. But when will that finally happen? If ever.

Reactions: Robinson2187

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
How much do Scoring effects after the comfortable 1st period lead make it look like we made it a game?

We are pretty beat up so I am trying not to be too down after this one. But facts are facts - Nashville is winning all of their games. They have peaked at the right time. They are 3 and 1 against us this year.

I hope our starters come back in time to shake off the rust and reestablish chemistry. We are going to have to be playing our best hockey of the year to give the Preds a run.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Outside Looking In
Game Summary, 2 B2B short handed goals down Jets, other than that it was a fairly evenly played game, Nashville also won 2-0 on the 2 handed slash scoreboard.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
We played two good "Jets style" periods. The first 10 minutes of the first was horrid but we gutted this out with @ 60% power. I like the guts this team shows, despite the odds.

I really don't like Subban, at all.

Helle really showed tonight why he is considered among the best in the league.

Laine came oh so close to a goal....

Bring on the Hawks.

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
Good game except for the first.

All in all I think we got into there head tonight. A lot of pred players shaking there head after being shutout by helley.

Before this game I was a little worried about the playoffs with refs not calling it tight. After today’s game I’m thinking it will be fine.

Were definitely in there heads

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Not so scared of the Preds with a healthy roster anymore. I think the Jets forwards are good enough to beat them. It's just critical that no more than 1 of Chiarot Morrow and Poolman are playing top 4 minutes. Ideally none.

The Jets have great leadership you could see how Wheeler wasn't going to let the team roll over and die. That was angry Wheeler.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Stastny I think will for sure be ready by playoff time. But for now it looks as if Wheeler will be our number one going into the game vs Detroit.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
7/12 points still in 2nd still a 7 point lead
All in all a good result for the road trip. We play 8 of our last 12 games at home with a 7 point lead on 3rd and 10 point lead on the 1st Wild card spot. If as expected we get most of the injured guys back over the next couple weeks I think we go into the playoffs ready for anyone.

Reactions: ocdaddy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->