Post-Game Talk: Good second half effort but Jets lose 3-1

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Hutch is the goalie scapegoat equivalent to Little being the scapegoat on the forwards

Well said Eyeseeing -- Hutch is sort of the "whipping boy" here for Goalies --he is the scapegoat, and people want to blame someone. I used to think he was pretty good, but I now question his confidence level to compete at this level. It be great if he just had a bad year last year--and would bounce back like Helle-- but don't count on it.

Your also right on Little - everyone jumps all over him, but at the season's end, I would bet his numbers are similar to last year. He's a good 2 way centerman, and he may decline slowly, but I don't see it yet. I think we have 2-3 more good years of Bryan Little.

Last edited:

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

Well Ducky--don't try to put words into my mouth--that's not what I said in the past. I said I thought Buff is our best defenseman, and also said that Trouba was playing badly to "begin" the season, but started to really come on before he was injured. I also said if Trouba wants to stay here--"the Jet's should sign him"- providing his contract demands are reasonable, and won't upset the pay equilibrium we have. He's a good solid young defenseman, but I would not be in favor of giving him $ 8 mil per year,(plus) and would not be in favor of signing "anyone"-that's not really happy being here in Winnipeg. If Trouba was to sign around the $ 6-6.5 mil mark over 4-5 years--I'd be happy with that-- he's a great young D-man.

As for Myers-- you clearly "do not like him"--and that's OK, as we all have different opinions of certain players. For myself--I like Myers and like offensive minded defenseman, and I do think he's one of our best D-men. You contribute a lot of good ideas on players to this form Ducky-- but not everybody thinks like you do. There are a lot of posters on here, that like Tyler Myers--I'm one of them. ;)

We will have to agree to disagree on this Myer's subject.
Just how am I putting words in your mouth. You did say that he was playing poorly to get traded and you also did say that Myers is our best defenseman?

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I've stated my position Ducky -- "just read it". If you don't like my posts, or they offend you in any way--just press the ignore button, and don't read them.

As I said--Buff is our best defenseman--and Myers is also one of our better D-men--I'm not saying he's "our best"

If you don't like other people having a different opinion than you, then being on these forums, must be very hard on you. Your opinions are OK by me-- so you should respect others as well. You have to be a "big boy" about these things. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: JetBlue420

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Just when you think you've heard everything, then a conspiracy theory is spun that a player is faking a concussion to not play to "protect his numbers". Wow.

Like most conspiracy theories, if you think about them for even half a second you realize that they make no sense. While it very may be possible to fake a concussion, it would hurt Hutch more on his next contract FAR MORE to have gotten another concussion (if they "buy the story") than to have his numbers go down a bit. Now with two concussions in such a short span he would get a injury plagued title, not something any team will want to take on as a backup. Then think of the downside if his "ruse" was discovered. NO team would sign a player that would fake an injury not to play. Not one.

So play out that risk reward in your head. Either way, he LOSES not gains on this pull. So remind me again why he would fake a concussion?

Not to mention the fact that Hutch was quite livid to be pulled out by the trainer. He wanted to stay in but good on the spotter or trainer to recognize something was off and get him out of the net. The fact that Comrie was called up would indicate he didn't pass his baseline. I would like to see other teams spotters or the league spotters in general start taking goalies that get hit in the head off the ice. I would imagine there are far more concussions among goalies that fail to get diagnosed due to feeling uncomfortable in not taking them off the ice.

Reactions: Calendal

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada

Well said Eyeseeing -- Hutch is sort of the "whipping boy" here for Goalies --he is the scapegoat, and people want to blame someone. I used to think he was pretty good, but I now question his confidence level to compete at this level. It be great if he just had a bad year last year--and would bounce back like Helle-- but don't count on it.

Your also right on Little - everyone jumps all over him, but at the season's end, I would bet his numbers are similar to last year. He's a good 2 way centerman, and he may decline slowly, but I don't see it yet. I think we have 2-3 more good years of Bryan Little.
Except Little is a rock solid character, and Hutch is a buttflake

Reactions: JetBlue420 and GNP

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I've stated my position Ducky -- "just read it". If you don't like my posts, or they offend you in any way--just press the ignore button, and don't read them.
As I said--Buff is our best defenseman--and Myers is also one of our better D-men--I'm not saying he's "our best"
If you don't like other people having a different opinion than you, then being on these forums, must be very hard on you. Your opinions are OK by me-- so you should respect others as well.

Just to clarify, you are replying to 10Ducky10 not me.

Reactions: 10Ducky10 and GNP

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Just when you think you've heard everything, then a conspiracy theory is spun that a player is faking a concussion to not play to "protect his numbers". Wow.

Like most conspiracy theories, if you think about them for even half a second you realize that they make no sense. While it very may be possible to fake a concussion, it would hurt Hutch more on his next contract FAR MORE to have gotten another concussion (if they "buy the story") than to have his numbers go down a bit. Now with two concussions in such a short span he would get a injury plagued title, not something any team will want to take on as a backup. Then think of the downside if his "ruse" was discovered. NO team would sign a player that would fake an injury not to play. Not one.

So play out that risk reward in your head. Either way, he LOSES not gains on this pull. So remind me again why he would fake a concussion?
Agree. Also, goalies hate getting pulled after a few early goals because it brings down their SV% without any chance in the game to nudge it back up. It happened a lot to Hellebuyck last year, with Maurice's early and aggressive hook strategy.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Just to clarify, you are replying to 10 Ducky 10 not me.

Yes Ducky--you are so very right !!! I'm just a little lazy when I reply to him, and just call him Ducky -- "but you are the real Ducky"-- I'm sure you could see my posts didn't apply to you--maybe I should be more specific. There seems to be a lot of Ducky's on here !!! At first I thought it may be the same guy with different accounts-- but I can see their all different people.

I was obviously replying to 10 Ducky 10-- the guy who hates Myers.;)

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Yes Ducky--you are so very right !!! I'm just a little lazy when I reply to him, and just call him Ducky -- "but you are the real Ducky"-- I'm sure you could see my posts didn't apply to you--maybe I should be more specific. There seems to be a lot of Ducky's on here !!! At first I thought it may be the same guy with different accounts-- but I can see their all different people.
I was obviously replying to 10 Ducky 10-- the guy who hates Myers.;)
No worries, I was just clairfying...there are 3 of us - Ducky (me), Ducky10 and 10 Ducky 10 :huh:
(fixed name)

Last edited:
Reactions: GNP

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
No worries, I was just clairfying...there are 3 of us - Ducky (me), 10 Ducky and 10 Ducky 10 :huh:
I'm sure you meant to say Ducky10 :)

I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking to me, although I haven't loved Myers much lately either.

Reactions: Heldig

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
As I recall...

Ehlers-Wheeler-Laine
Connor-Little-Armia
Perreault-Copp-Roslovic
Dano-Matthias-Tanev
Guys on the radio were mentioning Roslo starting at center and this was before Stastny came up limp.
I thought for sure Roslo was going to be 4C.
I'd play him higher and see what he could do between MP and Armia before Lowry gets back.
We have a good chance of finishing 2nd so why not take a look?

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
and I don't hate Myers. I just don't see a future on the Jets for him considering his play and caphit.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
and I don't hate Myers. I just don't see a future on the Jets for him considering his play and caphit.
Given the cost of our RHD (and the impending cap crunch in general) Myers is the logical one to move once Trouba is signed.

Jerts

Mar 5, 2015
Winnipeg
Given the cost of our RHD (and the impending cap crunch in general) Myers is the logical one to move once Trouba is signed.

I would love to see this but given the patience the Jets had with his return from injury and personal issues... I think they love him unfortunately. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Guys on the radio were mentioning Roslo starting at center and this was before Stastny came up limp.
I thought for sure Roslo was going to be 4C.
I'd play him higher and see what he could do between MP and Armia before Lowry gets back.
We have a good chance of finishing 2nd so why not take a look?
I really hoped to see Roslovic tried at center on an honestly good line. I've really liked every time he's been on a line with KC. They seem to make things happen out there, like they are on the same frame rate or something.

If we're still limping, I hope they try it.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I can't believe people still think Trouba gets signed here.

I was really proud of the guys and the way they fought back after that really poor penalty call and shaky first.

I've said it a dozen times but I really wish the Jets would have recognized the weakness at goal (backup). You can have 40 backups but if they all suck or are made of glass you could be in big trouble.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad