News Article: Good read on Tim Bozon's journey

Halifaxhab*

This kid coming back and stealing a top 6 spot in Hamilton would make a real awesome comeback story

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
My God, I knew it was bad, but 40 lbs............... Can't imagine being a parent watching that. So glad he's well on his way to a normal life.

Asamu

Aug 24, 2010
Saguenay
I've been following Bozon since he got drafted and I was at that time and I'm still very high on his chances of success. I see him in Hamilton next year for 2 years and than the Habs if he develops correctly. However, I wouldn't be mad at him if he takes a couple of months off to redefine his priorities in life.

His NHLer blood and the fact that he was in top shape when he got sick surely played a role in fighting the bacteria. Very nice article :handclap: .

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Great story. Imagine the cheering on the day this kid steps onto the Bell Centre ice for the first time.

Oct 22, 2012
I've been following Bozon since he got drafted and I was at that time and I'm still very high on his chances of success. I see him in Hamilton next year for 2 years and than the Habs if he develops correctly. However, I wouldn't be mad at him if he takes a couple of months off to redefine his priorities in life.

His NHLer blood and the fact that he was in top shape when he got sick surely played a role in fighting the bacteria. Very nice article :handclap: .

He's been training hard so far this summer, got back on the ice June 5th according to his twitter. He's well back on the road to recovery :)

DenverHabsFan

Sep 9, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
The Bozon family incurred large medical and rehabilitation costs, with the tab believed to chime in at more than six figures.

Just curious: why do they have large medical bills? I could see if it happened in the US but that was in Canada, right?

DenverHabsFan

Sep 9, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
Maybe because he is not a Canadian citizen.

I thought that once you establish residency you can enroll in medicare? He's been in the WHL for four years, probably more than half of each year in Canada.

Curious because I'm always going back and forth between US and Canada and was wondering what kind of care we would get if there was an emergency.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
http://www.sportsinjuryalert.com/2014/06/canadiens-injury-update-tim-bozon-hopes.html

Adding to this thread with this update. Looks like he's getting some muscle back. Hope he does well in training camp.

Such great news to hear about his recovery, not to mention the before/after pic. Wow!

My kids just got the bacterial meningitis B vaccination this week. The doctor asked me if I knew anything about it - I gave a pretty decent summary, based on what happened to Bozon. Not a cheap vaccination, by the way, but a no-brainer for any parent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad