Good Promotions your local Junior/Minor League/NHLteam has

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Hi, I am interning this summer for an AHL team in the sponsorship/promotion department and my boss asked me to research promotions used by different hockey teams. I was wondering if people could post a good promotion used at a game they have been to, like a "blank night". For example we are currently trying to develop selling a hockey bingo night with cards that have things that could happen during a game, arranged in a bingo-style card, for $1. Not the best idea I know, but we don't have many promotions at the moment.

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
Hook up with Groupon - I know last year's team here (WHL) had 2 tickets for $26 plus 2 hats as well. They went pretty good.

Cheap Beer night is good too, as well as family discount nights.

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
The Lake Erie Monsters did a "Dog Night" where there were certain sections where you could bring your dog. I didn't attend that game so I don't know how well it worked, or where the "Doggie Facilities" were but it was an interesting idea.

their 2 biggest games were the games where they brought in the Hanson Brothers, and when they brought in the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders.

dbargaehr

May 13, 2011
Didn't a Las Vegas team do a "Rod Blagojevich" night with prison-style uniforms?The Bakersfield Condors in California also did a fun "Charlie Sheen Night" thing...playing off of current events is a great idea for getting free press (the Condors were getting news stories in LA for a week before the game).

Also - anything with the US troops would be a good draw...

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Thank you your input everyone! Keep the posts coming.

jorbjorb

hello.
Dec 28, 2010
The Lake Erie Monsters did a "Dog Night" where there were certain sections where you could bring your dog. I didn't attend that game so I don't know how well it worked, or where the "Doggie Facilities" were but it was an interesting idea.

their 2 biggest games were the games where they brought in the Hanson Brothers, and when they brought in the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders.

id love to bring my dog to a game!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad