OT: Good place in town for tablet computer repair

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON
In a spectacular display of stupidity, I confused the data cable for my BlackBerry Playbook (I'm one of the nine people who bought one of those :laugh:) with the data cable for my camera. Now a few of the pins are bent/flattened and the port doesn't work, so I can't transfer any data between my laptop and my Playbook. Can anybody recommend a place in town (the closer to Bayshore the better, but I can travel if I need to) where I can get something like this fixed?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
In a spectacular display of stupidity, I confused the data cable for my BlackBerry Playbook (I'm one of the nine people who bought one of those :laugh:) with the data cable for my camera. Now a few of the pins are bent/flattened and the port doesn't work, so I can't transfer any data between my laptop and my Playbook. Can anybody recommend a place in town (the closer to Bayshore the better, but I can travel if I need to) where I can get something like this fixed?

No way, dude. We love our Playbook. 32G worth of tablet power for like $250? That's ridiculous.

Load that badboy with a metric ton of kid-friendly apps, and baby, you got the best $250 car babysitter money can buy.

I mean, if it were the same price as other tablets it doesn't stand up, but dollar-for-dollar, it's amazing.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
No way, dude. We love our Playbook. 32G worth of tablet power for like $250? That's ridiculous.

Load that badboy with a metric ton of kid-friendly apps, and baby, you got the best $250 car babysitter money can buy.

I mean, if it were the same price as other tablets it doesn't stand up, but dollar-for-dollar, it's amazing.

32GB Playbooks were recently as low as $118.99 at Staples- I was extremely tempted to buy one.

I have heard nothing but good things about them.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
32GB Playbooks were recently as low as $118.99 at Staples- I was extremely tempted to buy one.

I have heard nothing but good things about them.

That's ridiculous. How do you not buy one for that price?

There's nothing wrong with them with the new OS. They're certainly not elite, but 32GB for under $120? That's redonculius.

Edit: I bought mine a long time ago, hence the higher price tag.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I'll see all you one better! 32GB HP TouchPad - $99 when it was getting cleared out.

I rooted it so it runs Android and it works like a charm still. Not as nice as an iPad but it hits the spot.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Probably cheaper to just buy a new one. You could try calling BlackBerry support if you're really nice they might be able to help you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad