Good 'ol Hags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanned On It

Dec 20, 2011
New York
I don't know if any of you have talked about it or noticed it but our ol boy Carl is at .72 PPG pace since going to the Pens. That's pretty amazing for him and I'm happy for him. Obviously it's the result of playing with better line mates and finding dudes he could mesh with but it's pretty crazy how much of a turnaround that is from when he was playing with the Ducks. Just goes to show how versatile and solid of a player Hags really was for us.

I realize he's only played ~30 or so games for the Pens so it's a relatively small sample size but he's been pretty damn consistent for them and it's cool to see him scoring a bit more.

Just thought I'd speak on one of the players we loved to have with our NYR. Peace!

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Bust be nice to play with guys who can finish behind you when you go get the puck on the forecheck. He's a good fit with the pens, just sucks their in the metro or I'd root for him.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I don't know if any of you have talked about it or noticed it but our ol boy Carl is at .72 PPG pace since going to the Pens. That's pretty amazing for him and I'm happy for him. Obviously it's the result of playing with better line mates and finding dudes he could mesh with but it's pretty crazy how much of a turnaround that is from when he was playing with the Ducks. Just goes to show how versatile and solid of a player Hags really was for us.

I realize he's only played ~30 or so games for the Pens so it's a relatively small sample size but he's been pretty damn consistent for them and it's cool to see him scoring a bit more.

Just thought I'd speak on one of the players we loved to have with our NYR. Peace!

Who cares? He's not a Ranger.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
It's great and all, good for him. If I remember right he has an AAV of $4 million. Zucc on the other hand has an AAV of $4.5.

First line player at $4.5 or third line player at $4. Not saying Hagelin had to go because of Zucc just a comparison.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
It's great and all, good for him. If I remember right he has an AAV of $4 million. Zucc on the other hand has an AAV of $4.5.

First line player at $4.5 or third line player at $4. Not saying Hagelin had to go because of Zucc just a comparison.
First of all, Zucc took a huge discount to sign here, and by the way, it is no coincidence our penalty kill blows chunks now that Hags is gone! This team misses him a great deal!

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Still people will discuss if a player is a 40 or 50 pts players or whatever. I think 45. No way, 40!

Hags isn't much unlike a player like Straka. Straka scored almost 80 at times, but surely could have been a 30-40 pts player for other teams (and also was at times). Hags works really well in some situations, but will not come to his right in others.

I loved Hagelin and would have loved to keep him. But to be honest, when we played well Hagelin wasn't a good fit for us. It was more when we struggled and started to throw pucks away that he got ice to streak down on.

Pitts don't have a blue line that can move the puck and they know it, hence they brought by Sully in who has these guys play a Torts style no risk just throw the puck away style. That's perfect for Hagelin. Many many fast breaks and pucks to hunt down.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Hags was a huge part of our last 5 years. He was very close to some of our players. I think it is normal to watch how he does in his first year away. I'm sure he would have liked to stay a Ranger. I know it would have been hard to pay him 4 mill a year BUT I do wish he was still here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad