Good news for Oiler Fans

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I've already said in an early comment that "disappear" was an overstatement. But he certainly has ratcheted it WAY up the month of march, when the season was already gone. If he had maintained his same pace that he had from games 1-63 he would not have won the AR.

My point was merely that over the course of the entire season he has not been "absolutely dominating the competition" which is the narrative that a lot of people are peddling.

McDavid is the best scorer in the league right now. He has outperformed everyone in the month of March... Stop being so goddamn defensive every time someone says that McDavid isn't untouchable.
McDavid was on a 100 point pace till he came down with the Flu and strept throat where he lost 15 pounds he than had the flue again right after getting over strept throat. Go back and look at those GDT before it was announced how sick he was everyonne was asking if he was playing injured and what happened to his speed , players were catching him and so on. He had 25 points in his first 20 games 103 point pace , I guess he was killing it in garbage time there as well

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
McDavid was always going to realize his potential. Lucic has had nothing to do with it, in fact it can be argued he has done the exact opposite.

Stars don't need body guards anymore. This is the kinder, gentler, NHL. What happened to McDavid in his rookie year was an accident. Lucic wasn't brought in to protect McDavid, he was brought in because he was a UFA who just happened to be one of the premier power forwards in the game. You don't pay guys $6MM to make sure no one picks on your star. Maroon was more than capable of doing that. Hell, even Larsson can handle that role.

Everyone knew that he wasn't going to make good on his 6x6 contract, but no one saw this coming. Second year and he looks like a slug.
I would agree, so I understand where you're coming from. Im just stating Chia's mindset on the deal, especially with the Kassian and maroon trades a season before the looch deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad