Music: GOOD Music May/June rollout (Kanye etc.)

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Kanye is the GOAT producer.

His beats are incredible and innovative, but he’s getting each of his artists to perform to their top potential. Nas/Pusha aren’t going to get any better than this at this point, and Cudi sounds like Man on the Moon Cudi.

I’m expecting a lot from Teyana’s album now

Reactions: ProspectsSTC

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Daytona is a solid release. Ye sucks. KSG is better but still mediocre. Haven't heard anything from the Nas record.

I see so many comments about Kanye being a genius or the GOAT, and I used to buy into that, but now I feel like as time goes on and I listen to more music Kanye just becomes less and less appealing or impressive to me.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I see so many comments about Kanye being a genius or the GOAT, and I used to buy into that, but now I feel like as time goes on and I listen to more music Kanye just becomes less and less appealing or impressive to me.
Yeah, I try to give Kanye's peak albums another shot pretty much every year because of all the praise it gets from people whose tastes I respect, but I've never understood that sentiment whatsoever, personally. Just sounds bad to my ears.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
On "Cops Shot The Kid" , I'd say using the Slick Rick verse as the rhythmic/thematic basis for the song and then downpitching/harmonizing it for the chorus, along with Pryor's skit and scream for punctuation was a creative way to recontextualize a couple samples to address a topical issue. And it makes me move.

But YMMV.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
I know people will get on me for this but i dont really see the hype on 070 Shake.
Her delivery and lyrics except for Santeria are pretty average to me

Reactions: Warm Cookies

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Daytona is a solid release. Ye sucks. KSG is better but still mediocre. Haven't heard anything from the Nas record.

Too many people throw around the word "genius", but I've yet to hear another producer with his creativity, variety, and taste. I know a lot of heads really like his old stuff, but everything 808s and Heartbreak onward just seemed to get better to me. He became more interesting when his palette opened up and he started focusing less on old soul samples and more on texture and space.

I thought ye was awesome. Stuff like extending the lines in the last part of "I Thought About Killing You" with an off-key wail and the orchestra hits punctuating "All Mine" keep me coming back. Best pop artist right now by a mile...best since Prince at least, maybe better. The only guy consistently putting out work worth hearing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad