Good Kessel and Toews article

Status
Not open for further replies.

nneate

Jul 24, 2005
Canada
Seems like Toews has a pretty good head on his shoulders.
Also liking how his teammates talk about his work ethic.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Mobey said:
Damn those six month gaps.

Doesn't matter if it's 1 day or 12 months, that's how it is calculated in hockey so there. Toews is 17 and in the NCAA as a freshman, while Kessel is 18. Toews can play in 3 more WJC's, Kessel only 2. Big difference IMO.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
HabLover said:
Doesn't matter if it's 1 day or 12 months, that's how it is calculated in hockey so there. Toews is 17 and in the NCAA as a freshman, while Kessel is 18. Toews can play in 3 more WJC's, Kessel only 2. Big difference IMO.

It does matter if it's 6 months or 1 year because you're not talking about WJC ability, you were insinuating that Kessel's extra six months is age is the only reason he's better than Toews....Big deal he can play in 3 more WJCS, and Kessel only 2. Kessel's already played in 1.

cdnhky1

May 16, 2002
Visit site
Mobey said:
It does matter if it's 6 months or 1 year because you're not talking about WJC ability, you were insinuating that Kessel's extra six months is age is the only reason he's better than Toews....Big deal he can play in 3 more WJCS, and Kessel only 2. Kessel's already played in 1.

"you were insinuating that Kessel's extra six months is age is the only reason he's better than Toews" - that remains to be seen. Crosby's only two months older than Kessel and he's far better than Kessel. Not that it means anything but I thought I'd just point that out.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
HabLover said:

The way it is calculated in the states is those born after septemper first. Any youth sport goes by the Sep 1st deadline. I have coached baseball for 4 years now. Almost all my kids on my 12u team are 13 come baseball season. So i guess we have two different views. So to me Kessel and Toews are in the same basket.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
cdnhky1 said:
"you were insinuating that Kessel's extra six months is age is the only reason he's better than Toews" - that remains to be seen. Crosby's only two months older than Kessel and he's far better than Kessel. Not that it means anything but I thought I'd just point that out.

I didn't say that Toews may not turn out to be the better player, but right now, he's not. Hell, the best player of the draft could turn out to be a 5th round pick.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
MN_Gopher said:
The way it is calculated in the states is those born after septemper first. Any youth sport goes by the Sep 1st deadline. I have coached baseball for 4 years now. Almost all my kids on my 12u team are 13 come baseball season. So i guess we have two different views. So to me Kessel and Toews are in the same basket.

So, they do that in Canada too. What's your point?

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Mobey said:

I'm not insinuating anything, just pointing out that Kessel is an '87 and Toews is an '88. Believe me the scouts will take it into consideration. Does it mean Toews will turn out better, ummm, no.

The same goes for Crosby and Ovechkin. AO is 20 and in his 1st year, while Syd is 18 and in his 1st year. The difference is huge and in two years who knows what level Crosby will be at, but right now he's pretty damn good and on par with AO.

AgentNaslund*

good read. Thx for the artical. Its similar to a Kovalchuk vs Spezza type of 1 and 2. Kessel will go number 1.

Roccoman

Aug 9, 2005
Indiana
nneate said:
Seems like Toews has a pretty good head on his shoulders.
Also liking how his teammates talk about his work ethic.
agreed, this kid sounds like a good player & leader fomr some NHL team down the road... i liked the descriptions of his game:
The 6-foot-2, 185-pound Toews has elite vision and playmaking ability, the scouting report by McKeen's Hockey said. The scouting service said that Toews "possesses an uncanny ability to deliver tape-to-tape passes through heavy traffic and he sees lanes most don't."

please let the Caps draft him and have him center AO & Fehr in a few years :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->