Good job NHL

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
Worst pro sports league ever. Do they not realize that filing copyright complaints against fans is counter productive to marketing, fan interest, etc? The videos they upload themselves are so terrible.

It's ridiculous. How is a youtube canucks highlight channel subtracting any significant revenue from the canucks or the nhl? Don't they realize that it is basically free advertising for their product reaching hundreds of thousands of fans and potential fans?

NHLNucksFan

Mar 6, 2011
Vancouver
I figured something like this was coming with all the teams having highlights up on their own channels quickly these days.

That will explain the silence from CanucksHD as well. Too bad.

ShouldveDraftedFiala

Feb 20, 2007
The Canucks should be pushing hard to protect Mak and keep his channel running. He's the mouth piece that the club needs for when we are treated unfairly by the league.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
The Canucks should be pushing hard to protect Mak and keep his channel running. He's the mouth piece that the club needs for when we are treated unfairly by the league.

Makaveli, Master of Propaganda. That guy is a tremendous asset. Shame he's no longer active* here, either.

VeteranNetPresence

Disco Super Fly.
Dec 8, 2011
Vancouver
The NHL wants control over who shows their content. People can't find what their looking for on youtube -> they go to NHL.com instead to get it. He has no right and NHL has no obligation to let him use their content

Imuzi

Viaduct Villains
Mar 18, 2012
Representin' the COQ
Maybe Mak (If he still wants to) can put some up on dailymotion/vimeo?

Or could he go the route of flipping the footage or adding the black bars to protect from copyright that are so prevalent in soccer videos.

cotillion

May 26, 2011
PoCo
Maybe Mak (If he still wants to) can put some up on dailymotion/vimeo?

Or could he go the route of flipping the footage or adding the black bars to protect from copyright that are so prevalent in soccer videos.

Liveleak. Srsly though, they need to sort this **** out a.s.a.p.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
It's a credit to this board that this thread had nine responses before this type of thing cropped up.

And a complete discredit that a sarcasm smiley is required every time a sarcastic comment is posted.

Mak managed to find a way around the copyright issue - either that or he was erroneously flagged.

The Sabres vs Canucks video is up.

dave babych returns

Dec 2, 2011
And a complete discredit that a sarcasm smiley is required every time a sarcastic comment is posted.

Sorry, sarcasm is often detected in part by knowing something about the author. The whole thing about message boards is I have no idea who you are.

Guess I should have used the next post which more or less says exactly the same thing (and also has zero real indication on sarcasm or irony).

Caspian

Jun 3, 2006
great now i have to watch 1 min ads from NHL channel to see a 30 sec clip of a single goal. Boo NHL boo.
ad block+++++++++++
you can get it for both Firefox+Chrome

Don't give them advertising revenue.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Lol but he posted the Sabres game after this video.

EDIT: he just posted the pit game too Lol. I don't think he cares. Hopefully those videos stay there.

Last edited:

Bure All Day

Mar 29, 2012
Vancouver
wow, I thought NHL was being slightly progressive allowing people to put up highlights, but now they do this?

Look at how the MLB is shrinking and this is what they do.

Look at how the NBA is growing, and this is what they don't do

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad