Good job NHL

bure 96

Sep 6, 2013
Worst pro sports league ever. Do they not realize that filing copyright complaints against fans is counter productive to marketing, fan interest, etc? The videos they upload themselves are so terrible.

Phrazer

Apr 2, 2008
Cairns
Its just the "Old School" guys still in power. You will see changes as the technology generation starts to get powerful jobs.

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
Yeah, because the last thing the NHL needs is people accidentally stumbling onto their league because it's being uploaded by many people.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Yeah, because the last thing the NHL needs is people accidentally stumbling onto their league because it's being uploaded by many people.

My thoughts as well. Don't you promote our league/sport!

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Perhaps he could thnk of using some other site as the archive he has made is such a good source. Of course Y-tube is nicer but it is what it is.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
great now i have to watch 1 min ads from NHL channel to see a 30 sec clip of a single goal. Boo NHL boo.

cotillion

May 26, 2011
PoCo
Ugh came here to comment on this b.s. Maka's vids were always way better than thr canucks team channels

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
I am starting to think the companies that do this have absolutely no idea how the internet works.

"Free advertising?"

"Yes but we don't get paid for them to advertise"

"Do they get paid?"

"No. But we don't get paid!"

"Get it removed. Copyright."

:facepalm:

So out to lunch.

bure 96

Sep 6, 2013
I am starting to think the companies that do this have absolutely no idea how the internet works.

"Free advertising?"

"Yes but we don't get paid for them to advertise"

"Do they get paid?"

"No. But we don't get paid!"

"Get it removed. Copyright."

:facepalm:

So out to lunch.

The funny thing is the NHL does get paid for content that other people upload. Pretty much every hockey highlight is tagged as 'owned by the NHL' and they make all the money for all ads you see for that vid. They have the option to let the videos be watchable and make money off the ads or file copyright complaints and get the videos removed.

Wizeman*

Lets turn it around instead.

The NHL obviously sees how good he is at it. They should offer him a job to make highlights.

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
The Bruins or Sharks probably had a hand in this.

This has Jeremy Jacobs written all over it.

Before the conspiracy theorists go nuts here, looks like this is a league wide thing. This is also happening to another uploader who specializes in Red Wings highlights

Last edited:

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
No the first time the NHL stop this..I think a car dealer put out a go canuck go sign on the window and force to take it down citing copyright from NHL/Canucks

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
I *****ed at the Canucks twitter account & they had this to say:

https://twitter.com/vancanucks/status/391263929214988288

"Done in error by an NHL representive." Hopefully they can provide Mak some sanction to keep doing what he does.

Nice work. I don't know why his videos would be bad for the NHL. Maybe they can put him on the Canucks official youtube page or something? After David Booth, I am a huge fan of this guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->