GDT: Good Guys v. Actual Devils (10/5)(7:00 PM)

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
mBCk3fX.gif

KqOa0Og.gif

"The Sabres have gone bowling"

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I love what I am seeing like everyone else.

But I'm gonna have to mention that Kreuger's system is relatively unknown at the this time. Let's face it. He doesn't have a long coaching track that can be easily traced for tendencies and tactics. Not trying to rain on anyones parade, OK? But I speculate that the video library on Ralph - and the current version of the Sabres - is exceedingly sparse.

Teams will start to pay attention and begin to figure out what the Sabres are doing and come up with counter measures. That's just how it works in the video world of the NHL. After 20 -30 games most of our tendencies will have been charted and we'll no longer be the unknown new kids on the block.

That's when the real coaching will begin.

Enjoy... celebrate...I know I am. These are good times - finally!!

Reactions: k8prisoner

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010

But I'm gonna have to mention that Kreuger's system is relatively unknown at the this time. Let's face it. He doesn't have a long coaching track that can be easily traced for tendencies and reactions. Not trying to rain on anyones parade, OK? But I speculate that the video library on Ralph - and the current version of the Sabres - is exceedingly sparse.

Teams will start to pay attention and begin to figure out what the Sabres are doing and come up with counter measures. That's just how it works in the video world of the NHL. After 20 -30 games most of our tendencies will have been charted and we'll no longer be the unknown new kids on the block.

Agreed, but it's like old jerseys game on steroids. The puck support is there, and that's not gonna be something you can just turn the tables on anyways. We proved we can play physical and with a lead tonight w/o flinching. We're growing as they're learning us.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
So, a question I've been debating. We have Montour and Bogosian coming back at some point soon. Who the hell do we scratch? Scandella for Montour and who else? Surely they won't scratch someone like Jokiharju, right?
They prob take Joki out, but that's still a long ways away

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh

But I'm gonna have to mention that Kreuger's system is relatively unknown at the this time. Let's face it. He doesn't have a long coaching track that can be easily traced for tendencies and tactics. Not trying to rain on anyones parade, OK? But I speculate that the video library on Ralph - and the current version of the Sabres - is exceedingly sparse.

I agree with all of this, but if Krueger can keep up this level of buy in, even average coaching all year would support the additions of the Swedes to the top six.

Not getting excited.... No Pilut yet. No Thompson, Asplund call up yet. I keep forgetting Montour exists and should be in our top 4, but who does he replace?

If Olofsson and Johan can be 50 point guys with all around games, they could be in a position to take advantage of some opportunities this year.

jd1970

Feb 23, 2007
Downtown Buffalo

I don't disagree, but I feel Ralph is smart enough to counteract.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
I agree with all of this, but if Krueger can keep up this level of buy in, even average coaching all year would support the additions of the Swedes to the top six.

Not getting excited.... No Pilut yet. No Thompson, Asplund call up yet. I keep forgetting Montour exists and should be in our top 4, but who does he replace?

If Olofsson and Johan can be 50 point guys with all around games, they could be in a position to take advantage of some opportunities this year.

In his current situation, Olofsson could be looking at 60-70.

50 pts is what your average player would get playing with Jack and Sam + PP1 min.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad