Good Goalie Stick for someone thats 5"10-6"0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoCanuck

Jay Beagle? In THIS economy?
Jan 17, 2005
North Vancouver B.C.
Hey Guys,

Just wondering, I need a light goalie stick for someone my size. Last time I checked Im 5"10, but I think I am bigger, at most 6"0.

Anyone have any recomendations on a good, light, and somewhat cheap Goalie stick?

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
A cheap KoHo or SherWood stick would probably do...

Try to find a bad goalie and buy a used stick... Sometimes goalie sticks can feel like they're new even after a season or two
or so.

Jacques Plante

Aug 29, 2004
Montreal--Downtown
Go to a stick store and try a bunch out to find out which one's weight is right for you.

Make sure the Paddle is the right length for you and your stance. I'd imagine a 26 inch paddle would work out nicely for you, but if you have a low stance it may be to tall or visa versa.

Mackee

Oct 9, 2003
Montreal
Hmmm...I've tried a bunch of sticks and I go back to Koho (well now RBK I guess) sticks. I find them light, durable and have a curve for just about every preference. Of course they aren't cheap, but usually if you buy more than one, sports stores will sometimes give you a deal.

McGuillicuddy

Sep 6, 2005
I'm a touch over 5'10" and I really like a long paddle for my height. The CCM Brodeur pattern seems to fit the bill nicely.

Bulldog fan

Timmy Dogs Alum 1999
Nov 5, 2004
101York Bld Hamilton
Just a little piece of advice. I've found the most important thing to me is the heel of the stick, you can either get a rounded heel or the more squared off type. Depending on your style of play this can make or break the stick.

Eddie Vedder

Sep 8, 2003
Canadian tire had sherwoods on sale last week.. the sticker on my stick says til Oct 22nd.

24 bucks i picked up an awesome sherwood. 27" paddle, 57" total. Solid, Light but not light enough i cant hack some shins if need be ;)

Im 6'2 so one a little shorter should do you.. Im in love with the Thibault blade design as well.

McGuillicuddy

Sep 6, 2005
Ouch. That limits your options considerably. Pretty much all of the sticks I've purchased in the last few years are $60+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->