Good for Torts

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
I was proud of the guy tonight. The refs screwed the pooch, and he let everyone know it. Good work.

Certainly, the Jackets should have never let that game get to that point, but it still doesn't change the fact that the refs made a game-altering call.

Reactions: Lurch

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I was proud of the guy tonight. The refs screwed the pooch, and he let everyone know it. Good work.

Certainly, the Jackets should have never let that game get to that point, but it still doesn't change the fact that the refs made a game-altering call.

That last part happens every game on every night in this league, and it’s usually a bad call. Glad someone finally called them out on it. If every coach did that, maybe it’d actually force the league to do something about it.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
Canes fan chiming in.

The officiating has been noticeably bad and getting worse these past few seasons. You’d think with video review things would be getting better, but alas...

Torts is 100% right to call out this incompetence.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Honest to God: when the league hands him a fine one of you guys needs to set up a gofundme to pay it off. You'd raise the money in like 5 minutes.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Honest to God: when the league hands him a fine one of you guys needs to set up a gofundme to pay it off. You'd raise the money in like 5 minutes.

He is a coach getting paid millions of dollars. He can handle a few thousand dollar fine. I don't understand these "set up a GoFundMe!!" requests for millionaires.

If someone were to set up a GoFundMe for his animal organization to match the dollar amount of the fine, I'd support that.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
And once again, it's Dan O'Halloran, the same incompetent ref who called the 5-min major in game 7 of SJS/VGK and was held out of all remaining playoff games.

The NHL should be ashamed that his moron is still employed.

Someone is challenging Tim Peel, who, if I recall, has been slowly rotated out of the league?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
He is a coach getting paid millions of dollars. He can handle a few thousand dollar fine. I don't understand these "set up a GoFundMe!!" requests for millionaires.

If someone were to set up a GoFundMe for his animal organization to match the dollar amount of the fine, I'd support that.
You are missing the point: it's not to relieve him of a financial hardship, it is a show of protest and contempt against the idiotic officiating.

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
You are missing the point: it's not to relieve him of a financial hardship, it is a show of protest and contempt against the idiotic officiating.

I don't know what paying a millionaire's fine does to show that. We pay the team via cable subscriptions, tickets, merchandise, etc. etc. The team may even cover the fine for him.

FlatIron

Sep 27, 2017
Montreal
I saw this last night on the highlights, what a horrible mess up and to top it off they lose Korpisalo in the shootout, extra pissed since I have him in my pool.

Grouchy

Nov 2, 2006
Canal Winchester, OH
If someone sets up a go fund me for his favorite charity (Dog Rescue/Shelter) I'm all for it.

There is a picture of Torts donating at Homeless to Home Animal Rescue and Cat Sanctuary but all animal rescues in central Ohio could use a donation. A fund set up to protest league officiating and a likely fine handed down due to Tort's comments would serve two good purposes if it went to help one or more of those shelters.

Edit; other local shelters

CHA Animal Shelter

Cat Welfare Association (Columbus, OH)

Last edited:

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Oilers fan here.

Everything he said was 100% right. I hope you guys go on a huge run now and make the playoffs this year.

I dont think that a meaningful/impactful performance is on the table this year, but if all goes well then this rebuild should be over sooner tham most non Jackets fans give us credit for.

And Torts is damn right. I also like it that he left right after the monologue.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Good thing he didn't get suspended... The team would truly be the Cleveland Monsters!!!!!
They may as well be. This weekend the Monsters aren't even the Monsters. They will be the Lumberjacks. It's fitting since it is mostly an ECHL roster. Too bad they aren't from the IHL.

Reactions: Fireball23

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Blue Jackets' John Tortorella fined for fiery comments, fans start GoFundMe page

I'm in. I seriously never even looked to see if he is right or wrong, but he finally did what no one else is doing and calling out the NHL for their Rulebook that has become more of a recommendation book.

I enjoy this. The NHL made itself look stupid with the fine, and this just rubs it in.

I love that Torts went off. I'm a big fan of Torts. Don't tell my friends in the other forum.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
He might not be perfect, but i respect Torts the more I follow him. 100% everything he said was true.

Him fixing this team when it was broken abd suffering from PTSD is nothing short of a miracle. Especially considering that Cam and Jones continue to underperform for their potential.

He has deserved a raise imo. And a new contract and yes, this is a premature, speculative statement

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Oilers fan here.

Good for him. Finally a coach with the balls to call out incompetent officiating and the bush league Toronto war room. He’s gonna get fined, but if anything, he didn’t go far enough.

Everything he said was 100% right. I hope you guys go on a huge run now and make the playoffs this year.

I dont think that a meaningful/impactful performance is on the table this year, but if all goes well then this rebuild should be over sooner tham most non Jackets fans give us credit for.

And Torts is damn right. I also like it that he left right after the monologue.

Ahem, I think I should get some credit for this run you guys are on. ;) :sarcasm:

Seriously though, keep it going. I want to see you guys embarrass Tampa Bay in the playoffs again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad