Good effort not enough in Canadiens Game 1 loss to Lightning

EGarro

Apr 19, 2015
Toronto, Canada

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It was a goaltenders duel in Montreal for Game 1 between the Canadiens and the Lightning. The Canadiens played well and put up a good fight, but it just wasn’t enough to get past the Lightning.
Here’s my Montreal Canadiens recap for Game 1.

http://alongtheboards.com/2015/05/good-effort-not-enough-in-montreal-canadiens-game-1-loss-to-tampa-bay-lightning/

What are your thoughts on the game?
I'm not sure how you can only point to Galchenyuk as a guy who's struggling and then try to say that DD improved. DD was atrocious last night. They were bad together and for whatever reason it seemed like DD couldn't win a draw. Just a bad game for both those guys last night.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I'm not sure how you can only point to Galchenyuk as a guy who's struggling and then try to say that DD improved. DD was atrocious last night. They were bad together and for whatever reason it seemed like DD couldn't win a draw. Just a bad game for both those guys last night.
Th team overall did play a good game...Bishop has their number...like Price has the Bruins...

Chucky and DD were awful, and DD still has way too much TOI....he needs to be scratched....

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010

Pretty good article but, coming from one of the few who routinely have to defend Desharnais, you're right that he did not improve. In fact, I'd say it was one of his worst games in the offensive zone.

BTW, Desharnais was 53% on draws last night. ;)

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Pretty good article but, coming from one of the few who routinely have to defend Desharnais, you're right that he did not improve. In fact, I'd say it was one of his worst games in the offensive zone.

I think it's time for le beau p'tit David to sit game, every time I see him on that first wave of the PP, I cringe. Overall, the game was good though, if we keep playing like this, we should take this series in 6 or 7... If only we had a little more finish around the net.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

BTW, Desharnais was 53% on draws last night.
;)
Really? That is surprising. Every time I watched the guy it seemed like he was losing the draw.
I think it's time for le beau p'tit David to sit game, every time I see him on that first wave of the PP, I cringe. Overall, the game was good though, if we keep playing like this, we should take this series in 6 or 7... If only we had a little more finish around the net.
That's easy to fix. Give Eller a finisher and give Galchenyuk a guy to help him. They need each other... we've got nothing to lose by trying it. Eller sets up plays and has nobody to finish them right now.

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
Great game, but I worry the fact the Bolts were coming off a long series vs. Wings and only had one night rest maybe played into why we outplayed this team substantially.
However I'm hoping not, and Les Boys put on a good show, tons of shots, great chances but no finish. Bishop continues to have our number, we need like a 4 goal night against him, we need some more bounces. But I think the Habs were doing everything right except maybe going more lateral plays vs. Bishop, he is so big the shots from the point with the screen aren't really working. Anyway no PP again. Chucky and Markov were disappointing to me. Markov looks like a slow rookie out their, and Chucky has all the effort in the world but can't finish and his confidence must be close to broke.
We can beat these guys but obviously won't be easy and have to get some goals, the one thing everyone talked about at the start of the playoffs of being our downfall.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Scoring 3 goals(one empty net) in almost 9 period isn't gona win you to many games.

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE

Maybe that's true but he routinely loses them in the offensive zone on the PP.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Da system, Da plan, Da players, Da coach....keep the faith!!

Can't believe Price couldn't get a shutout last night...;)

Maybe the string of good luck has ended? Quick whistles & disallowed goals, players that should have been suspended, etc., maybe the lucky bounces have come to end?

psychonaut

Sep 4, 2003

Ya the problem is even when they won the faceoff its only a matter of seconds before they lose a puck battle and end up in the defensive zone.

missthenet

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
Maybe the string of good luck has ended? Quick whistles & disallowed goals, players that should have been suspended, etc., maybe the lucky bounces have come to end?

All these excuses are masking what the real problem is. Not enough scoring, and not fixing the powerplay. How do you go 1 for 27 or whatever it is and expect to beat anyone. MT should not whine about the offside, take a lesson from cameron, bite the bullet and fix the things that you control. If MT does not fix the pp hima dmwhoever are responsible for it should be fired, They could of brought Muller in to help the pp but MT is an ididt and Bergevin for demanding more from him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad