Good beginner skates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Well, I had the urge to start skating again. I used to skate about 2-3 years ago when I had my own CCM's.. (they stunk, but thats another story.. what can you expect for $50?). I want to get back into it and get better at skating... maybe someday play in an adult league or something. What skate would you recommend? I am leaning towards Bauer Vapors SFL VII's. They are a bit pricey, but I have heard they are leaps and bounds above anything you can get for that price.

I'm only 17 BTW

Canadian Chris

Feb 28, 2002
Nanaimo, BC
Visit site
The Vapor VII's you'd have little to no problem in likely. However, they are a relatively narrow fitting boot - so depending on the width of your foot you may want to look into that.

Another good skate would be something from the Mission line....whether it be the Fly, or the Highfly...both are decent skates, and are soft enough that a beginner would be able to get the proper amount of flex out of the skate.

If you're looking towards a wide fitting skate...CCM isn't bad, depending on what you're looking at. I've always found CCM to be a very stiff skate in general however, Bauer and Mission to be a rather soft skate, so if you went towards the lower end of hte CCM line, like the Vector 4.0, or E-40, or even the lower end of the Tack series...452's ect...you'd probably be just fine.

Those skates that I mentioned are usually the skates that I'm selling to guys that are just getting into hockey/skating and are looking for something that is relatively not badly priced and somewhat of a decent skate.

BUT, if you do have a narrow foot, I'd definitely look at those Vapors...I'd say they would be among the best skate I've listed here....with, imo, the Vector following.

Keetz

Sep 14, 2004
Little Falls
Speed Demon said:
Before looking for which skate performs the best, look for a skate that fits your foot.
Great point! but where I blew it was buying for price. I learned that you do not skimp on your skates! feet and head are not the areas you want to be budget minded with!

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
Speed Demon said:
Before looking for which skate performs the best, look for a skate that fits your foot.

This is the single best peice of advice you will get on skates.

Go try different skates on. I for example can wear Bauer, that's it.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
DaveyCrockett said:
Just pointing out that Grafs are usually very stiff skates and there is little point to buying if you are a beginner. They also cost $500.

not all of them
You can get lower models for cheaper, something around 169.99, but ya the good models definetley cost alot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad