Review: Good beer league hockey?

icon6668

Jul 22, 2012
"Good beer league hockey".... watches guy almost fall over in the first 4 seconds.. stops watching.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Looks good but I don't think it could compete with other areas.

For example Columbus' top adult league is really good but wouldn't come close to adult leagues skill wise in places like Minnesota or Canada.

It was like culture shock moving from Columbus, Ohio to Eau Claire, Wisconsin while I was in HS.

Those norther states treat hockey how most Americans treat football.

Reactions: Andrei79

Doctor No

Oct 26, 2005
hockeygoalies.org
I'm not sure what you're going for, OP.

The skate looks fun. It looks like a lower level than my regular Wed/Fri group in north Denver, and in aggregate we're nowhere near the top level of players in town.

But it looks fun, and that's the point, right?

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
"Good beer league hockey".... watches guy almost fall over in the first 4 seconds.. stops watching.
Look at the battle at the dot....Yikes.

Some of the guys can skate alright but not one single one looked like they could pass properly.

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
I play beer league in the Tampa area and our team has won the mens national championship and multiple former NHL'ers play with us. It's all former pro's and juniors and d1 college guys. So there are definitely good beer leagues out there, and in Florida.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
played at that rink my entire life. the ice is awful. plenty of people lose an edge for no reason and stumble.

The pines A league also has plenty of former NHLers in it. It's absolutely a solid league. Don't think those two teams are two of the better ones in that league though.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
There are some decent skaters in the video and there are some n00b looking skaters. It reminds me of a C league where there can be some players who played NCAA hockey and then there are some newer players and it's a big ole mixed bag.

So it's tough to answer. I'd say that's an average looking adult league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad