Gonna go skate with former NHLer Brent Severyn

Pierre Gotye

Mar 17, 2009
McKinney, TX
He runs an adult drop-in here in Dallas. First 1/4 of the drop-in is skillsets such as drills, the last 3/4 is a controlled scrimmage.

Should be fun. I haven't laced them up in a few months, so it's time to hit the ice again!

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
Which rink does he run this at, and is it a regular thing? I don't live there anymore, but I come back occasionally, and this sounds like great fun.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
If any ex-NHLers run a clinic in Vancouver it'd be pretty packed. Should be a lot nicer in American cities though.

Tell us about your experience when you get back!

Pierre Gotye

Mar 17, 2009
McKinney, TX
Which rink does he run this at, and is it a regular thing? I don't live there anymore, but I come back occasionally, and this sounds like great fun.

It's out of McKinney right now, but I think he also goes to Frisco. Plano is currently closed due to much needed renovations.

Pierre Gotye

Mar 17, 2009
McKinney, TX
Awesome, have fun! I've found playing with/against players of that caliber to be an extremely humbling experience.

Yeah he was pretty cool. Typical hockey guy, easy-going, forgiving to us adults who make stupid mistakes and don't have his game knowledge, and in general pretty fun to be around.

I think he wants to go into coaching from the looks of it.

He has his own business and owns a half-rink that specializes in hockey training, both dry and frozen.

http://www.severynsports.com/

pelts35.com

Oct 4, 2004
www.pelts35.com
Awesome, have fun! I've found playing with/against players of that caliber to be an extremely humbling experience.

That's an understatement. This past weekend I filled in net for an "A" travel team that played against a team that was comprised of mostly former NCAA Div I players that scored 15-20 goals per season. It was 8-0 after the 1st period where I faced 20 shots and I honestly didn't play that badly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad