Staples Twitter: Golyshev to join Bridgeport soon; Robin Salo expected after his season

nyisleslover

Jun 20, 2018
Albany, NY
Before Lou and Barry our foreign players never seemed to come over Stateside. Now the guys in European leagues seem to marinate for a while, but eventually cross the pond.

Golyshev and Salo are something of wildcard depth pieces for the playoffs. If we actually see them on the Island this year, I think it means one of two things. Either A. The horrendously bad option: Our pre-playoff run-up was an injury tire-fire, or B. The other, marginally less bad option: We've made a deep playoff run and enough guys are feeling the hurt to get Golyshev or Salo into a game or two while the regulars recover or sit out a game in Covid protocol.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
They need Bolduc and Salo because Leddy and Mayfield are on borrowed time.

Reactions: SI90

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Alas, his team is off to a strong start in the playoffs.

I know and it sounds like he is playing well, he picked up a primary assist on a rush the other day, right?

I am cool with that, I hope they go far, pressure-packed games are always good for development.

Worst case, he starts fresh next year. Or maybe he just gets some practice time on the black aces or is around the team later in the year?

Reactions: buud

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Leddy is fine, and wouldn't mind re-signing him. Mayfield on the other hand...

Mayfield is paid as a 6th D. Leddy is paid as a 2/3. NYI are what they are this year. But for the future it's far better to keep Mayfield than Leddy. And IMO Leddy is *not* fine. He's been really bad going back on the puck the last 5-10 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad