Goligoski breaks wrist in WCHA Final Five

Status
Not open for further replies.

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
Jacobv2 said:
Goligoski has been anything BUT bad news for Pens fans.

no sh*t

the kid reminds me of Scott Neidermayer...not as fast, but everything he does is smooth and fluid...he was supposed to be in the USHL this season, but came aboard when Ballard signed with the Yotes...I'm tellin ya, he's the next great d-man to come out of the U

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
Rowsdower said:
Well that sucks.....he certainly has had an excellent season though. Shame it got cut a bit short.

He may still play:

http://www.startribune.com/stories/503/5305787.html

Goligoski is wearing a plastic cast on his hand. He will be fitted with a playing cast Wednesday or Thursday and will test it out in practice to see how much mobility he has.

"We'll have him get after it in practice to see how it holds up," Gophers coach Don Lucia said. "We probably won't know until Friday or Saturday if he can play."

Goligoski said he was injured on a freak play early in Friday's game. "The back of my hand went into the boards," he said. "It was just in an awkward position."

The hand remains swollen, but Goligoski said the pain isn't severe.

Lucia said defenseman Derek Peltier broke a bone in his hand around Christmas and was able to play the next game, so he remains hopeful that Goligoski will be able to face Maine. The key will be whether he has enough movement and strength in his hand to handle and shoot the puck.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
ceber said:

Oh I hope so.

I really want to see my favorite college player again.

I've seen him three times this season(thank you Fox Sports College) and he's amazed me each time I've seen him. The announcers can't get enough of him either. Seems every time you hear his name called it's "another great play by Goligoski."

I wasn't a fan of the pick at the time but I've grown into one of his biggest fans.

Jeff Goldblum

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
He won't be a big part of Pens hockey for a few years...he should stay in college for atleast a couple years, if not the whole four years. He's already way ahead of his development curve, why push it anymore by making him turn pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad